• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 10 Handguard recommendation

Where are you getting a 16" PSA barrel from ?

Anyway, I am fond of Midwest Industries DPMS pattern high profile combat rails... but they are very hard to find lately.

I found out the expensive way AR-10's are not all the same. Make sure your upper/hand guard match. Aero fits Aero, does not fit Gibbz. Nothing really fits Gibbz except Gibbz:)

I found out the expensive way AR-10's are not all the same. Make sure your upper/hand guard match. Aero fits Aero, does not fit Gibbz. Nothing really fits Gibbz except Gibbz:)
This is why my "budget" build has an SLR handguard, the only place I could find the length and rail height I needed.

I like of SLR handguards myself. I would buy the length that at least covers the gas block. I prefer longer handguards so I would go 15", however, that is just personal preference.

My wife picked Lime Green and am hoping you guys out vote her.
If your wife wants Lime Green, give her Lime Green.

For what it's worth, I have the Aero Atlas R-One on my Aero M5 build. I didn't exactly want it, but it came with a kit so I figured I'd try it out. It's very light, slim, and feels much more robust than I expected it to. I like it enough that I've decided to keep it after all.

Reactions: SystemStooge
Just within DPMS LR-308/AP4 before the GII even, there are 3 different upper receiver rail heights.

I like the Centurion Arms hand guard.

my Aero upper was a M5E1 so I had to go Aero otherwise I would of picked Centurion or PRI.

Reactions: Jsp556
I like the Centurion as well, but I'll probably give Sgt of Arms a try on the next build to have integral Arca. DPMS high tang only.

FYI - they will Cerakote whatever hideous color your wife wants.

1622179879488.png

Reactions: buggsb
I’ve used 2 of the Centurion handguards. Good stuff.