• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-10 - Help on how to proceed ??

87Burban

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2009
Burbank, WA
Kids,

I want an armalite ar-10 A4 (would like a Rock River more!)

To Ponder......

1. Is there a dealer that has them or will get them before 2010?

2. If not, can I have one (not suped up - just factory equivalent) built with parts for $1500?

If so, who has parts kits??

3. Am I just dreaming and I need to wait 3 years like everyone else.

HELP
crazy.gif

Thanks.

Re: AR-10 - Help on how to proceed ??

It is tough right now, you can try and check the classifieds on some of the forums but prices will not be cheap. GB has had some but at several hundred dollars over retail. Building one is just as tough as parts are unavailable. I'd say in 6 months or so things should be better, maybe start off by ordering everything else like scope, ammo, mags, reloading equipment etc.

It'll be tough to get an AR-10 for less than $2000. The receivers themselves are at least $350, and most other parts normally cost about twice the amount of AR-15 equivalent parts. Your best bet is to find some good deals on individual parts - look for uppers that sell for about $1100-1300, then mate them to a cheap lower. You'll still come in over your $1500 target either way.

If you can save the extra $500 you can get in line for a GAP AR-10. It'll take a while to get, but for a bit over $2000 you'll end up with a quality, very accurate semi-auto in a medium caliber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cyberpuppy42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can save the extra $500 you can get in line for a GAP AR-10. It'll take a while to get, but for a bit over $2000 you'll end up with a quality, very accurate semi-auto in a medium caliber. </div></div>

George said no more AR10 orders for some time. I remembered his post because I also wanted one.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1104843#Post1104843

Called Ranier yesterday (close to home). They have lower receivers and parts, but no uppers and no complete rifles.

Bill at Webarms says that he may have a shipment in August - maybe. Prepay of course. Haven't found a better price, though.

I have seen $800 uppers, but sold out.

I'll keep looking.

i have an armalite a4 ar-10 i may be able to sell for 1600 but wont know for another month. loaned a guy $$$ took gun for collateral...if he doesnt pay ill sell it ...(already have 2 others)

Three cheers for Sonic Sammy!
grin.gif

Whittakers had one in stock (A4C NIB) which is now on it's way for less than $1350 including shipping.

Beautiful.

Now for mags.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 87Burban</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Three cheers for Sonic Sammy!
grin.gif

Whittakers had one in stock (A4C NIB) which is now on it's way for less than $1350 including shipping.

Beautiful.

Now for mags..... </div></div>
Get your mags here
http://www.armalite.com/Categories.aspx?Category=a3603603-d67a-427e-8cb1-b2050bd0c7f2

That's a great heads-up Sammy...wish the $ wasn't so tight...GREAT price!

Just got a DPMS LR308 for $1300 on Gunbroker. Might look there.

Keep checking forums for deals out there, that would be your best bet in obtaining an AR10 anytime soon... Dealers just can't get to them quick enough and they are backlogged with people who have already placed orders.

I was down taking the transfer of mine at Dfar's place CF Tactical and they have one on the wall there for about $1100. Same one Sonic is speaking of. you can get their number at www.cftactical.com Good to support Hide sponsors.

To clarify on my $1300, mine came with a Chip McCormick trigger and a Magpul PRS stock also so it was a little more due to those additions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sonic Sammy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whitts has DPMS rifles for 999.00

DPMS Panther Long Range (RFLR-308) .308 24in Stainless Steel Bull barrel 999.99 </div></div> i tried finding these on their website and couldnt...how did you find em?

I have an Armalite compatible upper. It's a "match style" so no dust cover or brass deflector. It's complete with standard furniture, railed gas block and a 20" Wilson Barrel. It's complete with no BCG. They're available on GB in the $300 range. I'd like to get $600 for the upper.

Armalite... and laso not to mention the mags are very decently priced on the Armalite site, but only for a limited time.