• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing AR 10 in 260 cerakoted in MC

tpowers

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2009
Concord, CA
This rifle was on display at shot show in the cerakote booth. It is my AR10 in 260 that I put together. The 260 Tac Match reamer was used. The goal is to be able to use the same basic cartridge in my bolt gun as I would in a gas gun. It is a Bartlein Barrel and the BCG has been ionbonded. The parts are mostly DPMS and the lower is a CMMG.

Most of these parts are available through a conjunction of CS Tactical and myself.

1q66bk.jpg

2dq2ci.jpg

Re: AR 10 in 260 cerakoted in MC

Nice stick. Need a range report? Who cut the chamber and assembled the Upper?

Most of the colors are custom blends of my own. Highland green and patriot brown are 2 colors that are off the shelf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stick. Need a range report? Who cut the chamber and assembled the Upper? </div></div>

I did most of the work myself. In the initial break in it was around 1/2 MOA with 5 shot groups.
It may be awhile before I'm able to get it out to the range again because I need to start focusing on up coming competitions, and I still haven't broken in my new barreled 260.

Nice work Todd - let us know how it runs/reliability...etc

pondering a 260 in bolt or Semi........

I think if you want ultimate reliability then I'd go with a bolt rifle. A gas gun typically will not be as accurate as a bolt gun. There are a good amount of things that can go wrong with a gas gun.
However, there are a lot of areas that a gas gun will dominate over a bolt gun. It's all about the trade offs and what the mission specific of the firearm.