• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ar 10 in 7mm-08

mexrunner

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
yucaipa, ca
does anyone have one or have shot one out to 1000 yds just wondering just seems to me like it would get there a lot easier than .308 and was thinking of rebarreling one of my ar10s to it

Re: ar 10 in 7mm-08

well i know they chamber them in 260rem and 6.5 creedmor but i always loved 7-08 and bullet selection is great just wondering why no one seems to build them

I like 7mm-08, and NOBODY is (still?) a self-proclaimed 7mm-08 slut...

I'd take one (if I had an AR-10).
smile.gif

probably because whatever a 7mm will do a 260 will do it better with less recoil. When I shoot the barrel out of my AR-10 its going to get a rebarrel to .260 remington...

Maybe if there was something other than hunting ammo available and even then 7mm08 isn't always found on shelves. I would like to give the caliber a try but to me it would be reload only.

The 7mm08 is one of my favourite cartridges. In fact, my scores have dropped since rebarreling to 6.5x47lapua. Don't know much about semi autos though

I am interested in the 7-08 you gave up.

Barrel length, bullet weight and powder weight would be great.

It was a standard Tikka Varmint. 9.5 twist. I used 168gn VLD hunting and 162 ELD match with 42gn of Varget.
It still grouped great after 4500 rounds, but rebarreled because it was starting to lose velocity.