• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AR-10 is nearly finished

azemspilot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2008
Gilbert, Arizona
This is my AR-10 that is just about finished.

It started life as an 20"A4 with a medium contour stainless barrel. Buds Gun Shop had them around Christmas for a really good price. I've added a DD Lite Rail, Vltor low profile gas block (pinned in addition to the set screw), the PRS stock, and had the barrel cut to 18". Marshall at the Scottsdale Gun Club did all the work. I am putting a SS 3-9x ffp on it.
2wrm0rr.jpg

16kvfr.jpg

2evta9x.jpg

Re: AR-10 is nearly finished

Looks like you've got a great rifle started. Which trigger did you go with? The standard Armalite/DPMS trigger leaves a LOT to be desired.

If you haven't upgraded your trigger yet, it is one of the best ways to wring the most accuracy out of any AR. Take a look at the Giessele (if you want adjustable) and the Timney units...they are well worth the dough!!

Trigger and sights are left. My last AR-10 has the same two-stage "tactical" trigger and was pretty good, especially after it was worked over. I was a little disappointed with the trigger in this one, and plan on going with the Giessele.

nice looking rifle. im still choosing stuff for mine but im not far behind you.