• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 10 Magpul PRS GEN 1 and GEN 2???

MOOSEKNUCKLE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2009
Ohio
I bought a new/used PRS stock here on the Hide, and it has an aluminum butt pad. I heard the Gen 2 has a rubber butt pad and called magpul. They said they make rubber for the FAL and something else but have never made one for an AR 10. I just got done looking at a replacement (thicker than stock) rubber butt pad for an AR10 for $14.95 on Magpuls website. Just curious if anyone has a rubber butt pad on their PRS. Im also wondering how hard it would be to drill and tap some holes and add some rubber.
Thanks.

Re: AR 10 Magpul PRS GEN 1 and GEN 2???

You can order the Gen 2 rubber butt plate directly from Magpul that will tun you Gen 1 into a Gen 2, I did.

Re: AR 10 Magpul PRS GEN 1 and GEN 2???

I have a Gen 2 PRS with the thin rubber buttplate on a couple different rifles. It is nicer than the bare aluminum plate on the Gen 1 stocks, but it isn't really designed for recoil reduction.

If you want more LOP or more recoil reduction, then the Magpul PRS add-on buttplate seen in the link below is the way to go as it fits properly, looks OEM and you don't have to fuss with modifying/mocking up/fabricating something that may or may not work in the end. See here for more info: http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG350/35

Also, you might try running a search of the Hide because somewhere a while back, I see to recall seeing where someone was modifying Limbsaver pads to work on the PRS, but I don't recall the specifics, if they were being sold as kits, etc., etc.