• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-10 Matrix - Anybody Experienced w These ???

j-huskey

Jafo / Instigator !
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2001
AL
none
Since I cant find an Armalite AR-10 B stripped upper..... (and have the taken down parts... barrel n handguard swap), I thought, well, just build another rifle. Might be easier. Might.

Does anyone here have any knowledge about these Matrix kits ??

Will be built into a 16" hunting carbine with armalite parts and an armalite factory barrel that's currently occupying my B upper I want to put the 22" Kreiger back into....

See pic of Matrix set being currently sold on GB..

Screenshot_20201025-081929_Chrome.jpg

Thanks all.

That's an OUTSTANDING price.

Matrix makes the receiver sets for the Ruger. Sig used them for their original 7.62 prototypes.

I've got two sets I've never built if you want to tinker with one before buying. For some reason, they've always been bargain priced and I've never understood why. I vaguely remember there are minor parts fitment issues but can't remember details. They do have two different upper patterns - Armalite barrel nut thread and SR-25 thread. Assume those are SR-25.

I bought in an attempt to put early AR10 uppers on SR-25 mag pattern lowers but that's a no go.

I've got two sets I've never built if you want to tinker with one before buying. For some reason, they've always been bargain priced and I've never understood why. I vaguely remember there are minor parts fitment issues but can't remember details. They do have two different upper patterns - Armalite barrel nut thread and SR-25 thread. Assume those are SR-25.

I bought in an attempt to put early AR10 uppers on SR-25 mag pattern lowers but that's a no go.

Armalite Series B uses the m14 modified magazine and are unique to that. The B receiver has a flat cut that let's the m14 style enter but not the magpul mag.
The upper has a ledge stop to keep the m14 type mag from going higher into the bolt area.

Armalites recent releases are the earlier A series pattern and take the SR 25 type or Magpul magazines. The upper and lower are specifically different to accommodate the magazine.

I have both B and the new A series guns. The barrels interchange freely. The bolt stop is different.
That's the main parts thing I see, besides the obvious A & B differences in both upper/lower.

I have DD rails, and those fit any of the myriad of uppers - AS LONG AS - you had the correct DD barrel nut.

Such a pain in the ass.....

Check PM please Sir !

VR
jw

SLR Rifleworks and Midwest Industries both make Armalite AR-10 and DPMS-High compatible rail fore-ends. Their barrel nuts have the same external diameter -- you specify in SLR's drop-down menu which thread pitch you need (Armalite or DPMS).

SLR Rifleworks and Midwest Industries both make Armalite AR-10 and DPMS-High compatible rail fore-ends. Their barrel nuts have the same external diameter -- you specify in SLR's drop-down menu which thread pitch you need (Armalite or DPMS).

Thanks,
Have a Midwest Industries setup. I like it.