• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AR-10 optic decision, NX8 1-8 or not?

ipsullivan

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2010
SC
I have been contemplating an optic decision for my recent .308 gas gun build. Just something to comfortably shoot out to 600 yds.

I have a strong pull towards a NX8 1-8x24
At this point my biggest hold up is the reticle. Based on the photos I have seen online, at 8x it looks to cover too much of the FOV and the POA for that matter. Maybe I am asking to much of the optic based on its intended use. However, the low end of the magnification with illuminations looks promising to me.

There has to be more people out there that would jump all over this optic with more reticle options. I would have zero hesitation to pull the trigger with something along the lines of the Mil-R reticle. Put a SFP red dot in there and I would probably buy 2!

I am also looking at something from US Optics(legacy) I have a USO SR-4C on a .300 BLK and a LR-17 on my bolt gun and love them both. Looking at the SR-8C as an option. However it’s length and weight is that of much higher power optics these days. At that point I’d rather just throw on a MR-10 1.8-10 with an offset RMR and call it a day. Weight is identical and get the benefit of the erek elevation turret.

Next option would be a NF 2.5-10x24. Only thing I don’t like about this option is SFP and trying to find one. Should have never sold the one I bought for $1,000 back in 2012.

Any thoughts?

I take it you are still shopping around looking for options, have you looked at any of the primary arms ACSS reticle scopes for .308?

I take it you are still shopping around looking for options, have you looked at any of the primary arms ACSS reticle scopes for .308?

Funny you say that, I just got an email from them saying they have the 2.5-10x44 FFP in stock. I haven’t done much research on their magnified optics. Only experience I have with them is their red dots on a 10/22.

Funny you say that, I just got an email from them saying they have the 2.5-10x44 FFP in stock. I haven’t done much research on their magnified optics. Only experience I have with them is their red dots on a 10/22.

I had their premium glass 1-8x optic, goes for about $900. It was nice, but overkill for 556 plinking so I sold it.

They have cheaper ones too with lesser quality glass. Go to their site and grab a model #, look it up on youtube. Lots of people review these scopes, fairly easy to find a few pictures of glass quality.