• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR-10 trigger

grmroper001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2009
Reno, NV.
Has anyone replaced the factory trigger on a DPMS AR-10? I would like a 2 stage but not neccesary. I have read mixed opinions about AR-15 triggers working fine in AR-10's. Any suggestions would really help.

Thank you

Re: AR-10 trigger

JP rifles triggers and a factory hammer.

John

I replaced to factory trigger in my Armalite with the Geissele match 2 stage. Feels damn near made by the hand of God.

Great info, thanks for the response. Did a search after I posted and came up with similar answers. Guess I should put myself in timeout for not paying attention. Is the Geissele a drop in replacement?

Need to remember to do a search FIRST then ask if I don't find the answer. It amazes me how dumb I can be.

Precision Shooting Magazine Dec. 2009
pages:12-22
very detailed review.

Two pins out, two back in. A five minute job at most. I left the settings as is from the factory. I've had ZERO issues with it. All of the AR's I own will wear one.

My choices would be a full component JP fire control system with their 4 pound springs if using any surplus ammo or if shooting exclusively factory ammo and reloads you can use the 3.5 springs.

You can also try the AR25 Gold Trigger.

Both are great triggers and give a very long service life without problems.