• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos AR-10T

Re: AR-10T

Nice rig,

do you intent to use the bipod also for front grip? it is very close to your action.
wink.gif

i get groups like this with my armalite super sass, do you have any jamming issues like the guy who posted probs with the MK-11?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i get groups like this with my armalite super sass, do you have any jamming issues like the guy who posted probs with the MK-11? </div></div>

never had a jam

good to hear, i had to replace an ejector pin after about 500rds but other than that, she runs flawless.

Almost 2 years ago I picked up an Armalite AR-10T with a Springfield 4-14X54 3rd generation scope. Since then I put a Magpul PRS stock, an Accushot rear monopod, a Harris bipod and a rail along the forearm for anything I felt I needed extra on it. I was shooting it at 200 yards and got a 5 shot group of 1.23 inches that comes to .61 MOA or just of 1/2 inch MOA. I think I can do better than that with calmer weather. When I chronographed the load I got 2576 FPS for a 168 GR BTHP Match bullet. The Standard Deviation was only 3.4 using 42.3 grains of Varget. This rifle has been a very enjoyable rifle and I’ve been shooting it out to 8 and 9 hundred yards and hitting prairie dog sized rocks. It’s got a sweet National Match trigger that spoiled me enough that I picked up a Jard 2 lb trigger for my Bushmaster Varminter. It’s got me hooked and I enjoy it more than I did my National Ordinance M-14. In the past 2 years I've run 950 rounds through it without any problems.

url]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skibum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WildBill what ammo are you running in your T? </div></div>168gr sierra ,41.5grs of imr 4895 ,with 210 federal match primers all in lake city match brass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig,

do you intent to use the bipod also for front grip? it is very close to your action.
wink.gif
</div></div> i read that it helps with accracy you do relize that is a floating hand guard, the bypod is were it mounts to the reciever It makes a huge diferace in my groups

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig,

wink.gif
</div></div> i read that it helps with accracy you do relize that is a floating hand guard, the bypod is were it mounts to the reciever It makes a huge diferace in my groups </div></div>

Yep. Amazing the difference this can make. Never used a bipod setup like this, but I found resting the rifle in bags near the reciever gave me better groups than resting far up the forearm. I'll have to try that bipod set up on my varmint rifle.