• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-15 A2 Upper config question

improwler

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2009
san francisco, ca
I have used my A2 upper for years, even mounted an eotech to one, but I am being told that I am outdated, no one uses A2 uppers anymore.

I actually like the A2 front site and carry handle rear sight set-up.

Am I a freaking dinosaur or what?

Besides an obvious flat top, what would i be missing keeping my A2 upper recievers?

all answers are welcomed..

thanks..

Re: AR-15 A2 Upper config question

Ehhhh...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iron prowler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wearing a <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">special forces tab</span></span></span> while in the US military only meant I was assigned to that unit...</div></div>
I beg to differ.

Big difference between this
358.jpg
and this
special-forces-unit-patch.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iron prowler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the opinion from another post.

so what about the A2 subject?</div></div>
I wouldn't call that an opinion at all.

If an A2 set-up suits you fine and you like the carry handle sights...who gives a shit if someone thinks it's outdated.

I agree with DK. Go with what works for you. Who cares what other use or what the flavor of the month is.

I think he may be suggesting that you are posting a bunch of stupid stuff in order to get your 50 posts required for selling on the forum.

- Loud

a2 is fine but you got to rail cancer it up or it wont be tactical enuf to mount inspector gadget gear on.