• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AR 15 optic on a budget

Triman2008

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2009
N42.50.65 W85.37.78
Hey guys, I searched all over and I can't seem to find alot on this matter.

I am building my first AR 15 flattop and I'm at the point of searching for optics. I am thinking of a 2-7 at most. Like the title says I'm on a budget. It will mainly be used for plinking around on targets no other formal use. I'm not sure about red dot as I would want to engage targets out to 300 yards. Would like something in mil-dot and if at all possible, tactical windage/elevation turrets for quick adjustment.

Any input is welcome. Oh yeah budget price around the $200 mark....not much more if possible. Thanks guys.

Re: AR 15 optic on a budget

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Leupold mark AR.

Jim </div></div>

If I could find one of those around the $200 mark, I would be all on it like a rat on a cheeto

Check out the new Nikon M223. They are designed for the AR-15 platform. They have a scope in the 2x8 magnification range. The duplex reticle would be my personal pick for that scope. They dont have mil or moa turrets, but since the scope is designed around the .223 they have preset the average drop for different ranges out to 600 yards.

They are just a little higher than $200 (around $300), but they come with the quality of glass that is equivalent to the Monarch line of Nikon Scopes. This looks to be a very promising scope.

Check out www.nikonhunting.com

Good Luck

You want an optic because you perceive you'll be a better shooter with it rather than with irons. Marksmanship training is what will help you become a better shooter. For any untrained shooter, the optic is a distraction to good shooting. With the optic the only thing you will know for sure is the sight's relationship with the target, not necessarily where the barrel is pointed.

With some training from a qualified instructor, you will come to learn how to get good hits out to about 600 yards on an E target using nothing more than a carry handle BDC. What more is there?

Just to start go to Walmart and buy a Centerpoint. They are not to bad especially for $60.

Check the thread on the Weaver Grand Slam Tactical here in the optics forum. Its a 3-10 mil dot with mil adjustments for $299, which is a great deal.