• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 15 PACT Gold Trigger update

our gang

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2007
Cora, Wyoming
Horay! It finally arrived and IMO it was worth the wait. Very high quality fit and finish.
Crisp as a glass rod breaking. Not cheap but a quality product if you have a super accurate AR 15 you wish to upgrade.
DSCN2798.jpg

DSCN2799.jpg

DSCN2800.jpg

DSCN2801.jpg

Re: AR 15 PACT Gold Trigger update

Bought direct from PACT (online)

It is single stage

It comes with new pins that are very tight

Sorry for all the questions, but it is likely better than arguing. Is the trigger adjustable for pull weight? Do the pins have clips to retain them, or is the fit tight enough through the trigger body to hold it in place in the lower? The information on Pact's site seems to be somewhat lacking

Dave

DD, looking at the pictures, it's apparent that there is a D shaped Clip spring on both the trigger take down pin bushings. Very similar engagement method as the spring in the hammer that holds the Hammer pin (On a standard AR single stage). This should engage the outside groove of the trigger pins.

They look like they are only on one side (Left). Since there is only one outside groove on standard AR trigger pins, the side with the groove should also be on the left.

The best way to install would be to drive the pins in from the right. That way they'll easily get started and won't engage any of the other pin grooves. (If they aren't custom pins.) They should click into place and without any rotational force on them, I'm going to guess they'll stay nice and tight.

I got mine in the mail today also, haven't installed it yet, I pre-ordered mine from the SHOT show and if I'm not mistaken they were in the McCormick booth.

Only adjustment is for overtravel.
It is now installed and is better (and simpler) than the Geissel on my AR10.
It is barely 2 stage, just the slightest takeup and 2.5 pound break like a glass rod.
It comes with it own pins to ensure no wiggle.

Anybody want to buy a brand new standard DPMS AR 15 trigger assembly?