• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-15 rifles in schools

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
One school district in North Carolina is taking school safety into its own hands, with plans to put AR-15 rifles in emergency safes throughout county schools.

Madison County, North Carolina, hopes that by putting AR-15s in schools it will increase security and curb gun violence. After the deadly Uvalde school shooting, which killed 19 students and two teachers, schools are preparing for the worst.

And the key will, no doubt, be on a custodian’s key ring. Along with 4,000 other keys. And, s/he’ll be on the other side of campus if the rifle is ever needed. And, the only one authorized to use it will be the school resource officer…

And the key will, no doubt, be on a custodian’s key ring. Along with 4,000 other keys. And, s/he’ll be on the other side of campus if the rifle is ever needed. And, the only one authorized to use it will be the school resource officer…
A possibility...
The school shootings have reached the point of "Do something, even if it's wrong"....... We learned how "doing nothing" has worked out.
I have family members who are school teachers.... I'm sure my thoughts are prejudice.

Personally I don't think schools should be fortresses with armed guards. Sounds like a horrible environment to spend the majority of your formative years in.

I think the focus should be put on why some kids are feeling the need to act out using such extreme measures of violence. I wouldn't be surprised if it had a lot to do with how captured we are by the pharmaceutical companies, and how many Americans (including kids and teens), are prescribed anti-depressants and SSRI's. Especially now that it's come out that these drugs do nothing to treat depression, as depression is not a chemical imbalance.

However, given that the pharmaceutical industry, which has the largest lobby group in Washington, makes billions of dollars off of this I doubt anything will happen.

Not against this but...

This issue I see with it is negligence on the staff or someone running their mouth and a student(s) figuring out how to gain access.

Second is access in an emergency. When something like this pops off, will the people with access have time to get into it and be affective?

Which leads to, how do you have quick access yet secure so some one trained and willing can react while holding up their teacher/faculty duties?

I worked in a nuclear power plant that had lock boxes strategically placed around the site for ARs and shotguns. We carried Beretta 92s. One night I went on shift and started by checking the boxes in my area for security. They were all empty. Inventory by office idiots in uniform wasn’t done by quitting time, so they walked away until tomorrow.

Not against this but...

This issue I see with it is negligence on the staff or someone running their mouth and a student(s) figuring out how to gain access.

Second is access in an emergency. When something like this pops off, will the people with access have time to get into it and be affective?

Which leads to, how do you have quick access yet secure so some one trained and willing can react while holding up their teacher/faculty duties?
I'll take your third question. A person with a pistol worn on their hip will be the quickest reaction timed individual.
I'm waiting for the mention of "Well, the person with the weapon on their hip will be the first target"..... OK, better than my child. A first shot is the red flag waving to make a move to other's.
I have spent a lot of time with a group where everyone was armed. Communication was clear, courtesy was there, gun safety was there due to observation by the peers.....
To those that will say "Seeing a weapon in a school will traumatize my child".... See the photo below.
Comments ?

Attachments

• An Israeli Field Trip..jpg
    An Israeli Field Trip..jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 104
I'll take your third question. A person with a pistol worn on their hip will be the quickest reaction timed individual.
I'm waiting for the mention of "Well, the person with the weapon on their hip will be the first target"..... OK, better than my child. A first shot is the red flag waving to make a move to other's.
I have spent a lot of time with a group where everyone was armed. Communication was clear, courtesy was there, gun safety was there due to observation by the peers.....
To those that will say "Seeing a weapon in a school will traumatize my child".... See the photo below.
Comments ?
I’d take a pistol on the hip over a rifle in a safe.

Small Oregon district did it with CZ scorpion’s with a red dot, asked for teachers that wanted to be trained, local SO did trainings, put safes in every classroom the school did not say who was trained which ones had weapons.

Some history:
There have been attacks on school children in America since 1764.
At the age of 11 years old, I remember taking cover under my desk. The year was 1962 and the event was the Cuban Missle Crisis. One of their targets was the Exxon Refinery in Baton Rouge.

American's have forgotten the world is still a jungle.

Personally I don't think schools should be fortresses with armed guards. Sounds like a horrible environment to spend the majority of your formative years in.

I think the focus should be put on why some kids are feeling the need to act out using such extreme measures of violence. I wouldn't be surprised if it had a lot to do with how captured we are by the pharmaceutical companies, and how many Americans (including kids and teens), are prescribed anti-depressants and SSRI's. Especially now that it's come out that these drugs do nothing to treat depression, as depression is not a chemical imbalance.

However, given that the pharmaceutical industry, which has the largest lobby group in Washington, makes billions of dollars off of this I doubt anything will happen.
Do you work for TUSD?

As authorities are blatantly not addressing the problem some of a good solution is better than none at all.
If done correctly the students haven't a need to know the above is happening.
A fortress would be armed guards patrolling every second of the day.
Once one understands they are actually wanting violence to occur their tactics or lack of tactics becomes evident.

R

Reactions: Average guy
In 1974, at a school in the northern Israeli town of Ma'alot, three terrorists from the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine murdered 22 children. After the Ma'alot Massacre, Israel put into place a nationwide system to fortify and protect all schools of 100 students or more. There have been no other school shootings in Israel since then.

They have high metal fences, metal detectors and armed security.

Comments ?
Even elementary school aged kids know that the 30 carbine is too weak to be effective...

🤣

As authorities are blatantly not addressing the problem some of a good solution is better than none at all.
If done correctly the students haven't a need to know the above is happening.
A fortress would be armed guards patrolling every second of the day.
Once one understands they are actually wanting violence to occur their tactics or lack of tactics becomes evident.

R
Unfortunately, I am to the point of saying "Bring it on"................... Seems Rittenhouse sure quieted the mob beatings... Make an example of "Play Stupid Games, win stupid prizes. We see few armored car attacks, attacks on rifle hunters or citizens legally open carrying.... More are attacked in the "Gun Free Zones".... Chicago is a different case.

To sidebar a bit. Why should I pay to maintain a person who kills school children ?..... Roof, clothing, 3 hots and a cot, medical, Internet, court appointed lawyer and the list goes on. Spend that money educating our children.

Laws of Nature

I have no problems with AR’s in schools. I think 9mm is a better option in a school setting. And I think a CZ Scorpion wood make a good choice also

Comments ?
I was just about to say when I was in Israel there was always armed guards watching over children during school activities and field trips

the man with the key goes on vacation maybe the criminal will wait till then to come back they should make sure to ask them when it happens for just that and see how well it goes .

I'll just take this discussion to one more level.
If the parents of every child killed in a school shooting were asked "Should we arm classroom teacher's"?
What do you think the reply would be ?
I have not heard of a liberal news reporter asking one of those parents that question.

It doesn't seem that hard.
Key all the safes alike, and give everyone who has done the training a key.
Doesn't matter if you are in another room then, just open the box and get after it.

Reactions: UKDslayer
Awesome. They should all be 300 blackout pistols, fuck the assailants

Even elementary school aged kids know that the 30 carbine is too weak to be effective..
🤣

Stand down range and let me shoot at you and see if that changes your mind. I say when someone demeans a .22 cal. Is it the best weapon for the job most cases, probably not. But if it’s what I have in hand at the time, it is the best. I wouldn’t want to stand down range from even a .22. To say something is worthless shows stupidity and ignorance. It’s all in how you use them. Any weapon is no better than the person using it.

Stand down range and let me shoot at you and see if that changes your mind. I say when someone demeans a .22 cal. Is it the best weapon for the job most cases, probably not. But if it’s what I have in hand at the time, it is the best. I wouldn’t want to stand down range from even a .22. To say something is worthless shows stupidity and ignorance. It’s all in how you use them. Any weapon is no better than the person using it.
Show me on the doll where the internet meme touched you. Lighten up Francis. It’s a joke.