• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 15 spot on barrel - run it or what?

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
I’ve got a Bravo Company AR-15 Enhanced Lightweight Assembly Kit w/ 14.5” barrel on my SBR.

Routine cleaning I noticed this “spot”. Looks like maybe something melted to the barrel to me but I want to confirm what you guys think.

It been run pretty hard at some sig sauer academy course off barricades, under and around cars etc.

The spot does not come off with a bronze brush and oil.

What do you guys make of it?

Sent an email to bravo company, waiting to hear back.

Attachments

• IMG_0721.jpeg
    IMG_0721.jpeg
    350.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0720.jpeg
    IMG_0720.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0719.jpeg
    IMG_0719.jpeg
    357.3 KB · Views: 92
Was it dropped on carpet?

Maybe it just got banged on a barricade and it is just a little mark. No worse than scope rash from a typical PRS match.
Carpet is one thing I’m pretty sure I can rule out. With the extended hand rail I’m thinking barricade.

Looks like a deposit of something, not a gouge. Bizarre that it's the exact same color as the barrel finish. Other than cosmetic, I can't see how it could effect anything negatively.

Looks like a deposit of something, not a gouge. Bizarre that it's the exact same color as the barrel finish. Other than cosmetic, I can't see how it could effect anything negatively.
That’s what I was thinking. It’s been in service for 7 years now and usually rides in the truck. I clean it after courses and usually clean with a one piece rod and bore guide so I’m not looking under the barrel. Just doing a quick check today inspecting muzzle for the suppressor

Reactions: FredHammer
Scrape it off there with your pocketknife. You DO carry a pocketknife, right? If the finish comes off with it use a sharpie to cover the bright spot. It's an AR, a tool. Not like it's a Holland and Holland or something.

Reactions: 45-90 and Im2bent