• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-15 Upper Receiver

Lonewolf762

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2005
Netherlands.
Ok i am trying to built me a new upper what upper receiver you guys recommend for a precision rig. I will use a 20" SDM-R barrel. I am going for a flat top no M4 ramps.

Thanks in advance.

Re: AR-15 Upper Receiver

I think for this type of build, the DPMS Lo-Pro slick side upper is a good choice. They're not as expensive and they look really good.

I got a delton hbar, no complaints so far.

I love the Vltor MUR and used it for my high dollar Grendel build. I have a friend with a Larue that seems pretty nice.

Seeing as your in the Netherlands it may come down to what upper you can get out of the US. A lot of the manufacturers aren't registered with US State dept so can't be exported. I built up a Mk12Mod1 clone on a High Standard upper (its got m4 feed ramps though)earlier this year with most of the parts sourced from Brownells. 18" Barrel was locally made by tru-flite. Still working up loads but so far best load is grouping around 8.5mm (0.33")@ 100 with 77gr MK's, sorry for the side track.
smile.gif

Also had a DMPS lo pro upper. Fair bit heavier but should also make a good base for a accurate upper.