• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 15A2 style scope selection

Heimdall

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2010
Iowa
I received the upper and case for the DPMS A2 panther classic as a partial trade on a pistol I sold. I've got if for sale in a couple places (not enough posts to sell here yet), but if I do decide on keeping it whats a good way to scope it. I've seen the original style carry handle scopes from Barsaka, but are they made by any good manufactures, and how good a scope are they. Id like to be able to use this from 0 to 100 then still go to 400 yards or so, that means having either a bullet drop retical or a varied zoom scope. I'm kinda shooting for a DMR kind of rifle, its a 20 inch barrel and its in 5.56 so why not.

I don't know much about the AR platform, I've always preferred the AK, lets not start that debate. I already sold the first AR I owned after 6 months, to be honest if I keep this one longer Ill be surprised.

I used search and did'nt find any info

Re: AR 15A2 style scope selection

I have an ARMS rail that bolts into the carry handle. It mounts the scope high, so I add a clamp-on cheek piece made for the A2 stock (forget the name right now).

It's tall, but workable.

cheek piece similar to this one:
cheek piece