• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR .22/.223 Trigger

2brothers641

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2008
IA, USA
Looking to upgrade the trigger in my son's AR. I started with a complete Spikes lower and Nordic .22 upper. For those who haven't used the Nordic or want a .22 upper, these things are pretty sweet. Very reliable and pleased with the accuracy. He will be getting a .223 upper for Christmas. I would like to upgrade the trigger. I have read with the .22 lr triggers can be problematic. Anyone running a .22 have any suggestions for a better trigger? I am not looking for bench grade pull weight, just something with less creep, better reset, etc. Thanks for any info.

Looking to upgrade the trigger in my son's AR. I started with a complete Spikes lower and Nordic .22 upper. For those who haven't used the Nordic or want a .22 upper, these things are pretty sweet. Very reliable and pleased with the accuracy. He will be getting a .223 upper for Christmas. I would like to upgrade the trigger. I have read with the .22 lr triggers can be problematic. Anyone running a .22 have any suggestions for a better trigger? I am not looking for bench grade pull weight, just something with less creep, better reset, etc. Thanks for any info.

Geissele SSA-E

Triggertech diamond 1.5-4lb adjustable

TriggerTech Adaptable 2.5-5 lbs adjustable

I'm using an ALG ACT trigger in my AR. It's a significant improvement over the OEM MIL Spec trigger. It comes with springs for a 6 Lb or a 4.5 Lb pull. I'm not sure what you'll need for your 22LR but I have a similar setup (from righttobear.com) in a S&W M&P 15-22 22LR with a 4.5 Lb pull and I haven't had any problems.

I needed to find a trigger that I could enjoy as well as afford for five AR'S. I found it:

Schmidt Trigger. I like the two-stage and believe it leads to better trigger discipline.

As much as I like Geissele, I can't afford to be setting up five rifles with them. The Schmidt buys me as much of what I like about the Geissele, at a cost I can better afford. All of my AR's have either the Schmidt or whatever they were using when the built my two Stag Model 6 Super Varminters. The one Stag offers now looks like it's the same Schmidt.

Greg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info everyone. The concern I had was coming from reports of light primer strikes on the .22lr. Since he will be shooting the .22 a lot more than the .223, I wanted to verify which ones are known to work. Thanks again and I will check the triggers mentioned.

Thanks for the info everyone. The concern I had was coming from reports of light primer strikes on the .22lr. Since he will be shooting the .22 a lot more than the .223, I wanted to verify which ones are known to work. Thanks again and I will check the triggers mentioned.
just get extra power springs and be done with it. no need for a new trigger most likely

Larue gets my vote too. I have an older MBT-2S that I absolutely love. Smooth first stage and it snaps like a glass rod.

Timney Calvin elite 1.5lb ar single stage is what I'm running on a Ray vin 22wmr. It suffered from light strikes with some aftermarket triggers, even went messing about with different firing pin springs to find that pull weight I was looking for.

The CE boasts a 5lb hammer spring while maintaining a light pull weight. This was the solution to my light strikes, and it is extremely ergonomic in allowing user to change shoes, lop, height, cant etc. Love those triggers, very smooth, crisp and light break.