• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 223 bolt assembly

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I am not really into AR's but I bought a lower and a seperate upper that comes with the charging handle only (no bolt assembly) I wanna get set up before they are possibly banned.

Question is...does anyone know where I can buy and new 223 complete bolt assembly for a DPMS 223 upper?

Re: AR 223 bolt assembly

So you are looking for a bolt carrier group whuch included a carrier and bolt. They can be bought from many different places.

For one of the better listings of retailers hop over to ar15.com

Be aware there are little differences on carriers that you want to look for. The most important is to be sure that the key is properly staked.

Check out LMT, Dennys Guns, Bravo Company, Brownells, PK Firearms, DPMS, Bushmaster, Armalite, Noveske, mstn.biz, these are only a few places to buy from. The list is endless and it all depends on what exactly you want. You can get away with spending $125 or go whole hog and tie up $285 with an LMT enhanced BCG. It's all a preference thing. I would opt for the basic LMT BCG or a Bravo Company BCG.

my .02¢

Re: AR 223 bolt assembly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For one of the better listings of retailers hop over to ar15.com

Be aware there are little differences on carriers that you want to look for. The most important is to be sure that the key is properly staked.

Check out LMT, Dennys Guns, Bravo Company, Brownells, PK Firearms, DPMS, Bushmaster, Armalite, Noveske, mstn.biz, these are only a few places to buy from. The list is endless and it all depends on what exactly you want. You can get away with spending $125 or go whole hog and tie up $285 with an LMT enhanced BCG. It's all a preference thing. I would opt for the basic LMT BCG or a Bravo Company BCG.

my .02¢ </div></div>

Good advice.