• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 308 gas block question

padronanniversary

Sergeant
Minuteman
Well, I almost have all my parts for a new AR308 build Thank you all for helping me learn about this platform, different from the AR15 with the nuances in compatibility.

Last item on my list is gas blocks.

I have a AR10-T profiled barrel. The gas port location diameter on the barrel I measured at 0.875"

So question for you, which gas block should I get ?

I was thinking LaRue, but I noticed that they have two different options

LT202-3: LaRue Low Profile Gas Block - 0.875", 0.275" Spacing, AR10
LT202-5: LaRue Low Profile Gas Block - 0.875", 0.3" Spacing

What is spacing difference between the 0.3" and 0.275" (other than 0.025")

Can I also use other gas blocks for AR 15s in the same diameter ?

Thanks again for the help guys

Re: AR 308 gas block question

Ok guess guys, I know there are a lot of people making AR 308s now, and may encounter this as well. My understanding after research is 0.300 and 0.275 is the location from the shoulder where the gas port is located.

If you want a .875 gas block with a tower sight, Satern makes one. I looked everywhere for a adjustable gas block that is .875 and had no luck, most manufactures told me .875 is an oddball size.

Ok, pretty much the same question here.

I was searching online for LR308 gas block and noticed at MidwayUSA that the AR-10 gas blocks they list are actually made by Badger for the AR-15's.

So, my end result is to put a gas block with picatinny rail onto a LR308. JP Enterprises makes an adjustable gas block that I have my eyes on.

Will this gas block work on a LR308 barrel?

BTW, it's ok with me to move this thread to the Semi-Auto Rifles section ....