• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AR 5.7/ Spectre feeding issues?

Bushmaster

Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Edinburg, Texas
I've got a AR 5.7 upper and a SWR Spectre can for it. The gun has functioned flawlessly (800+ rds) w/out 1 jam. I have major feeding problems w/ the can on? I have also tried my M4-1000 on it w/ no luck. I know that it's blowback and not a DI gas system, and I used the supplied buffer w/ the upper. I wonder if changing the buffer would help? Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Justin

Re: AR 5.7/ Spectre feeding issues?

I had feeding issues with mine. Thats why I dumped the upper and went with a Short Barrel setup and got the threaded barrel and adapter for Spectre for my FN pistol. Its a better combo. Shot a ground hog from about 30yards. first shot was behind it and it had no idea where it came from, second shot was fatal to the head.

Thats funny, I have never had any issues with my 5.7 upper and I am over 5,000 rounds through it now. I shot it with a can for a while but the 5.7 round was quiet enough I took it off most of the time.

Justin I hope your doin good man. If I was closer to Texas I'd help ya' fix that problem.

I had my eye on your's when it was for sale kyshooter338. Were you using a can on it or did you just have feeding issues w/out a can?

This thread is relevant to my interests as I just purchased a Spectre can. I was hoping the 57 upper worked. Can't do a SBR in my state.

It may be worth contacting Gemtech since they sell an AR57 suppressed upper. As far as I know it's a standard AR57 upper and their silencer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is relevant to my interests as I just purchased a Spectre can. I was hoping the 57 upper worked. Can't do a SBR in my state. </div></div>
Where do you shoot with a can in Washington state? I know you can own a can but I was under the understanding that they can only be fired in surrounding states that allow it? If I am wrong I would love to be proved wrong due to the idea being stupid anyways (Being able to own but not shoot)

Just because we can't shoot through them here, doesn't mean we can't own them.

I visit Oregon on occasion. Since I have relatives that are now living down there, I will be visiting more frequently. This seemed like a good opportunity to buy a my first can. (This "no discharge through a suppressor" law deterred me from buying in the past.) All I really wanted was a rimfire can, but when I saw the multi-aspect of the Spectre, I figured it would give me more for fun for my money.

The 57 upper seemed like a more interesting and functional upper than a dedicated .22lr upper.

Cans are fun, Washington has a stupid law allowing to own but not use. Well have fun with it when you can!