• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 50 or TRG42?

pickpick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2008
Jonesboro,Ar.
A local dealer has a trg42, and I have an AR50. I bought the 50 almost a year ago and shot it about 100 rnds. I bought the lee reloading kit, but now can't seem to get excited about using it. I bought the 50 because I always wanted one not because I needed it, I've been wanting a 338lm about as bad now that the new is worn off of the 50. Would you guys trade the 50 in and give a little cash to get the new trg? Or hang on to the 50 and save up for the 338lm in a remington and spend the difference in money on the ammo? What say you?

Re: AR 50 or TRG42?

Get the trg, much better stick then the AR50. but it's not a 50, I say sell somthing else and have both.

Hang on to the .50.... Now's not the time to be getting rid of it, in a few years it might be worth a lot more.

You definitely should get the 338 LM. I would if I can hold on to the 50, since a 50 is a 50. I don't shoot my 50 that much compared to the 338 LM, but it's always fun to shoot it.

Remember Obama will prob be a 2 term president and your 50 is going to be a 1 term gun. A few years from now u will wish u still had the 50!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smudaaar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Obama will prob be a 2 term president </span></span>and your 50 is going to be a 1 term gun. A few years from now u will wish u still had the 50! </div></div>

Oh shit! Are you kidding me? I was hoping to count down the days for his first and hopefully only one term.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smudaaar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember Obama will prob be a 2 term president and your 50 is going to be a 1 term gun. A few years from now u will wish u still had the 50! </div></div>

not if we all get out and vote and not just give up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smudaaar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember Obama will prob be a 2 term president and your 50 is going to be a 1 term gun. A few years from now u will wish u still had the 50! </div></div>

You should heed Switchblade's advice and ban yourself for 2 weeks...wait that one warrants a lifetime ban!

Now thats what I call giving up a little too quick. Come on brother, nows the time to get focused and let these libs know thier not gonna be allowed to run our lives.

I've sold two guns and traded one off in my life, regretted loosing every one. I've sworn to never get rid of another, I'll just be patient and save to get the next one.

okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okiefired</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now thats what I call giving up a little too quick. Come on brother, nows the time to get focused and let these libs know thier not gonna be allowed to run our lives.

I've sold two guns and traded one off in my life, regretted loosing every one. I've sworn to never get rid of another, I'll just be patient and save to get the next one.

okie
</div></div>.
The only guns I wish I had back are all of the ones I sold too. I got on a couple lists for one of the remmy 338's but, doesn't look very favorable to getting one soon. I saw a used one sell on gunbroker while back for 1650. That's crazy. I would rather put that kind of money in a stiller action build or something.

I'm just calling it like I see it. The fucking media loves the guy. I suggest joining the NRA because as soon as the economy starts to bounce back obama will shift his attention towards the 2nd amendment!

Alright, you talked me into it. I'll keep the 50 and figure out another route for the 338lm. Thanks for the opinions.

I knew you'd make the right decision, bein from Jonesboro and all. Thats where I was born. Wish I could say the same for myself
smile.gif
. Have fun with your new 338.

okie

The TRG is much more versatile than the .50. I would trade in the .50.

hold on to that 50, you will regret it if they put a ban on that, because it will likely be lumped into a military type weapon. Hopefully they dont even mess with gun laws, but if they do hopefully they will grandfather you in

If the gov enslaves us, I hope they don't make us carry anything as heavy as the above mentioned rifles.