• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AR-50 owners.... Ring question.

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
I tried to mount my Falcon Menace scope on my AR-50 and noticed a problem... With the cheek rest all the way down, it still had my head too high for the scope using Badger Max50 (standard) rings...

Has anyone else noticed this problem? I know the easy fix is just put taller rings on it, but the scope is already perched up pretty high above the barrel, and I really don't want it much higher.

It has the Armalite 15moa base. I'll get pics up tomorrow.

Jason

Re: AR-50 owners.... Ring question.

I think your only solution is hgher rings.

I have the same gun with a Leupold 8.5x20x50mm scope and have no problems.

Well, I just got it, so I haven't shot it yet. I'm thinking about milling out the cheek rest to go down more, I just have to see how far I can go down and still clear the bolt.

OR.... It wouldn't be so bad to just put a NF Unimount on it so I can get a little more cant seeing as it only has a 15 MOA rail on it. That's just gonna have the scope sitting high.

There goes your M1 money Jason
wink.gif

Given that the first two letters of the model # are "AR", I suspect you'll solve the issue the same way you would on an AR. AR-specific taller rings or some risers between the rifle and your current rings.

The solution is not difficult, I just hate to perch the scope up so high... I'm looking for a way around that.

M1 money is coming back... Daddy got a good tax return...
laugh.gif
I just bought this before the New World Order told me I couldn't...

I have my Nightforce 8-32x5x mounted into Nightforce rings, on the 15moa rail. I shoot it with the cheek rest all the way down.