• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR armorers course NO GO

iwas830

Private
Minuteman
Hey just getting some feelers...how many of you would be interested in attending an 8 hour AR-15 armorers course at my PD.

Scott from Tactics LLC who put on the TPRC wants to come over a give the class it would be $250 per person and I'll host it at my PD in Port Hueneme, CA. We have to have around 20 to make it go.

PM me if interested!!

Re: AR armorers course

Iwas830,
When are you thinking of doing the class? What do we need to bring to the class?

SOTA

We were hoping to put it on at the end of April... just checking if there is intrest in hosting one. Our department needs more armorers as I'm 1900 days from retirement...and then I'm out of the peoples republic!!

IWAS830,
If I'm still in Cali end of april. I would like to go. Let me know what all is needed on my end?

SOTA

Is it LEO only? Do you need to be an armorer/gunsmith to attend?

Emilio,
I hope not cause im neither a LEO or a smith. I do enjoy learning about them though.

SOTA

Its up to iwas830 who can attend. Here in AZ we offer the class to civilian and LE, but he is hosting this and I'm not sure what his department policies are.

Scott,
What all do we need to bring to the class? Besides our Sorry a$$'s. I for one would like to see this go on. TIA

SOTA

OK guys I need firm numbers to make this go...we are shooting for the last week of April, probably Wednesday the 29th and yes everyone is welcome this is not just for LE.

Scott wants 20 and I have about 10 who have responded...the cost will be $250 for an 8 hour course...PM if seriously interested!!

Recommended is your rifle, UNLOADED OF COURSE. Talk with lwas830 to see if you need to bring it inside in parts or cased, im not sure what department policy is or Ca law. I will provide a few tools, cd and a handout.

10 is a minimum we need, so please let Bob know.

lwas830 PM inbound. I will be flying in from out of state, a great use of frequent flier miles. Before I bring in an AR I would need a read on the CA laws.

Thanks

IWAS830,
Check your pm.

SOTA