• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Barrell Question

waveone

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
Texas
What is/are the differences if any between a barrell used on typical AR platforms vs the ones that are designated for full auto?

Specifically I have two POF 5.56 and one P308. If I were to apply for Class III seers for these is that possible?

Re: AR Barrell Question

probably not any difference. I am sure a barrel on a full auto rifle would be chrome lined, but other than that a barrel is a barrel. Lee

A barrel replacement is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of a DIAS/stamp and ammo costs. Shoot out what you have then rebarrel.

Per skeetlee chrome lined but a F/A barrel can be made of any steel as a regular barrel, it can chromed or not chromed. I know of no transferable sear that will install and function in a 308 lower. Basically any upper that will function on a semi will function on a F/A.

Most times the chamber is in 5.56 instead of the wylde chamber. As others said, chrome lining is the only other difference.