• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Bolt Carrier Group... Pen

FromMyColdDeadHand

40X Mafia
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2008
CO
My cousin's kid who just graduated ROTC really enjoyed the Penn State 'Tank' Pen kit I gave her over Thanksgiving. Instead of using a lathe, I use a 3d Printer to print the pen barrels, with names or features. He brother who is in ROTC now said something about having issues with his assembling the M4 BCG.

Most pens that are gun themed are pretty loosely based on guns. I thought it would be cool to try to make a 'real' gun based pen. An AR BCG group is actually fairly light when printed, has a thumb rest built in with the relief cut, and the rotating bolt makes for way to expose pen tip and retract it.

Gave me new respect for the AR BCG group. Hardest part figuring out how to print with out supports, and also the cam system for the bolt head. Finding the best pen mechanism took a bit. They are longer than I really wanted, so the proportions are a bit off.

Here are some pics with a BCM group I had sitting around.

20211221-44172.jpg

20211221-44168.jpg

20211221-44180.jpg

You can see the pen tip sticking out a bit. The low lug for the ejection mechanism helps with writing.
20211221-44181.jpg

Writing module held in place with pin.