• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR brass catcher

polish handgunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
egu48z.jpg

Here is a pic of my hi-tech brass catcher.
I take a large bandana and tie it around the scope rings.
I have had no jams and the brass ends up on the ground just to the right of the magazine.
It has worked for my AR10 and AR15.

Re: AR brass catcher

I thought the plastic bag on the muzzle was to catch the bullets so you could reuse them. Silly me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the plastic bag on the muzzle was to catch the bullets so you could reuse them. Silly me.</div></div>

LMAO!

Cheers!

Rooter

Most of my AR (or M1, M1A, Carbine, etc) shooting is done practicing for HP or CMP GSM matches. I don't like wierd stuff hanging off my rifles.

What I did was buy one of tent like contraptions with netting all around. Mine cost a hair over 100 bucks and is 10 X 10, and I can shoot offhand also. All the brass stays inside, no searching the grass or gravel for my brass. It also works for pistol shooting also. I also get to shoot in the shade.

Thanks for the tip, will give it a try

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IF ANYONE IS SERIOUS ABOUT A BRASSCATCHER TRY: www.leavenotracear15.com </div></div>

That might work for 3-gun comps but not for High Power (prone) where one is single-loading.

The bandana is fine for blanco basura.

Collapsable mesh hamper, walgreens, $3.00. Lay it near your ejection port.