• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR CCA build newb

evilcoon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2012
Farmington Hills, MI
I was lucky enough to snatch a CCA lower receiver and wanted to do the build myself
eek.gif

I've already installed a SSE Geissele and the 2 stage feels so crisp
laugh.gif

I also decided to install a Vltor stock and here's my first dilemma.

There's no detent pin and spring on the receiver, now what?

I would also like to know if I should just buy parts separately since I bought my own trigger or should I buy a full dpms kit?

Re: AR CCA build newb

Ok so I guess grip is a must in all the kits.

Can anyone help me as to why no stock indent port for the spring and pin?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evilcoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok so I guess grip is a must in all the kits.

Can anyone help me as to why no stock indent port for the spring and pin?</div></div>
It's on the bottom.

it is underneath where the grip attaches. turn the lower upside down, remove the allen screws (.050"), insert your take down pin, insert your detent pin, insert your detent pin spring. with the take down pin, detent, and spring installed you'll have quite a bit of spring protruding. take a pair of side cutters and snip off the spring leaving four or five coils remaining exposed from the lower. push down the spring, install the screw until flush, install your grip and off you go.

give me a call if you get in a pinch.

-michael

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evilcoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to find the most accurate 223, so if anyone has any ideas, please share. </div></div>

let me build you one to spec... we can guarantee our builds to under .5 MOA if you elect...

-michael