• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Decisions

nso123

High Speed Steel Stinger
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
Tennessee
I am wanting to buy a good, reliable AR. I have the frankenguns and Colt A2 rifles, and they all run great, but I’m wanting a complete factory rifle that is great quality. I’m wanting 16 inch, or 14.5 p&w. I already have an SBR frankengun as well. I have looked at the Colts, FNs, DD, Geiselle, etc. Prices are all over the place. I know I can get all of the good parts and build one, but if you were to buy one factory rifle to be your grab and go, what would it be? Am I missing any obvious options?

I’d go with DD, I’ve had mine for nearly a decade with never a hiccup, run it in many a class - it just runs.

I can recommend the PSA Sabre series. High quality components, and a very reasonable price.

Reactions: nso123
sounds like you build your own, are they reliable? if so source prime components and build your dream gun maybe? you can get matching upper/lowers and bcg's to reduce tolerance stacking. the rest of it is not a big deal.

all my frankengun home builds have been reliable. it always boiled down to barrels for me with certain profiles and gas port sizes. hard to achieve that with factory rifles IMO.

Reactions: nso123
Well, I ran across a good deal on a Noveske and grabbed it. I think it is going to fit the bill for me.

• Love
Reactions: LRRPF52
Lewis machine and tool. Titan Defense and LMT online store for availability. BCM and Colt make good weapons too. I would suggest Knights but their guns cost a fortune now.

PB

Most mentioned are good choices. Personally would run with BCM.