• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing AR experts..

strick9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2008
Mt Horrible, SC
Stepping up my rigs for some traditional archer back up.

Situation..Large wild hog coming at you or client 20 yds to 5 feet Mach 2 wounded and mad fukn angry, lowlight dawn and dusk in thick cover. Gives me another excuse to fuk with some of my rigs anyway here is what we got.
458 Socom 350grn jsp with Eotech.

Which laser with pressure pad? needs to be around 250.00.
Which light with pressure pad? same as above.
Or which combo?

Saltwater marsh environment, mud and muck. Units will be maintained.

If you got the time to opine sure would appreciate it

Re: AR experts..

We have two population groups here, those that live in the pine/hardwood ridge areas and those that live only on the marsh islands, there is very little mingling as the marsh herds have learned not to cross due to our overpop of mongo gators. No shit we popped a 12 footer last summer that upchuked at least a 150lbs worth of hog hams, backbone etc. The highland hogs tend to have short ground down cutters, the marsh groups tend to have trophy sized cutters due the lack of hard shit to chew on as the eat mainly phragmites roots and tubers, they eat excellant.. 6 inch cutters aren't an exageration. They can be heard by boat milling about and screaming at one another, Hunting is simple move to a down wind position set up stalk and watch the fuck out. Its not uncommon to have a group of 20 plus surround you and move threw your location without you seeing anything but the 8ft grass tops moving, trick is to cut them off. The grass permits about 5-10 foot viz thus the recurve and backup. Two years ago whilst duck hunting I killed a 220 at two steps with three rapid shots of #4 hevishot. Any advise on a laser and light?

wow............

toddacguy got a NV lash-up and a surefire knock-off white light i sold him from a macth...i'll get you the vendor...he sells here on the hide....i just don't remember at the moment...the light got LED running lights and is the schnitz.....

HOLY FREEHOLLIES!!!

Hogs with big choppers within 10'....I have an idea, just use my method of blinding them first.

You see, every time I find myself in grass taller than me and there's a "wounded and mad fukn angry" Hog with large, sharp Chicklets, I SHIT MYSELF soooo violently that the high velocity poop temporarily blinds Porky Pig while I make my liquid rocket get-away.

If that's not going to work, just try a double barrel 12 gauge with 3" triple ott buck (10-9mm pellets per round)

Good luck,

-Pat

The first time , yes shit in da drawers, but then you get to throw someone in the mix say a noobie from Mass or something, and well you shit your pants again from laffn so fkn hard..Nothing like a little drenalin to start the day. shotguns are great but fukn boring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first time , yes shit in da drawers, but then you get to throw someone in the mix say a noobie from Mass or something, and well you shit your pants again from laffn so fkn hard..Nothing like a little drenalin to start the day. shotguns are great but fukn boring. </div></div>

Laughs hard...The funny/lucky thing is I live so far away...I just might be dumb enough to try that out.

Sue-Sue-Sue Weeeeeeeeeee!
crazy.gif

no advise on the light or laser but I think Ida gone w/ a .50 Beowulf, just for the cool factor....not like a 458 won't do the job

I can commiserate. In 1969, I was TDY to Fort Stewart Ga. and happened to draw guard duty on one of the ranges. The interesting thing to me was that we were issued .45's with ammunition. This was somewhat akin to what we were used to. Now since this range was something on the order of 20 or so miles away from the CP ( or so it seemed, remember this was 40 years ago) SOP had two guards out there with little to no chance of surprise inspection by the OD. Another odd happenstance to my mind, but applauded by my partner and I that we were finally being treated like adult soldiers by our superiors. So this of course meant that we could get some normal sack time on a rotating basis. Right. We weren't there for more than an hour before the hogs from hell showed up. Luckily we were near a range tower when these porcine pricks commenced their banzai charge on our position. The problem was that it got relatively dark quite early and the near useless GI flashlight we had couldn't quite discern whether the piggies were actually trying to climb the ladder or not or just joshing with us. Now please remember I was just about 18 at the time and was still much concerned about hobgoblins et al. and my partner had never seen anything in the wild bigger than a rat- hailing as he was from some city or the other. Bottom line was the tower and little else was guarded that night by TWO very, very alert troopers.

I love to be in close to the Hogs - gets your blood pumping. When you can hear their cutters clack, clack, clacking - thats when you know its gonna get good.
I love to use my AR - LMT MRP in 6.8SPC - it has that extra umph that you look for when the animal out weighs you and can run faster than you. Surefire Scout Light, with the constant on/off endcap rather than the pressure pad - you don't need to worry as much about light giving away your position as much as you have to worry about that pad blinking off at the wrong time.

You never have to be able too out run the pig, just be a faster runner then your clients/buddies!!!! LOL