• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR extraction spring assembly question

K_4c

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 13, 2008
    Nebraska
    I've never had to replace the extraction spring in any of my ar's but I've decided to replace all of them with new springs and D-fender rings. My question is....

How do you assemble the spring into the extraction tab??? I feel dumb for asking this easy question, but I wanna make sure that I'm doing this right.

Thanks for any advice given.

Kinnamon

Re: AR extraction spring assembly question

If you are using an insert, install that into the spring(fat end into fat end of the spring) The fat end goes into the extractor cut out. Generally, you work it into the cut out and press down with finger pressure and it will "snap" in. If it's a hard case, use a samll screwdriver to press it in.

Normally you use a black insert for the carbines and blue for rifles. The Defender ring or O ring addition may not be necessary. Put it all in and test it out. Some have had feed issues to where the ring coupled with a strong spring causing problems by not allowing the extractor to snap over the rim.

Mark

Re: AR extraction spring assembly question

That's what I need to hear!

Thanks Mark

Kinnamon