• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Fore end question

darkstar

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
In the woods or heading there..
Hey All,
Looking for some feedback. A2 colt comp hbar 20" flat top all stock. Any recommendations on a full float forend?
1- On a tight budget (sic...)
2- Dont need full length rails, but the ability to attach a 3 or 4 inch forward at 12 and 6 would be good for sights or bipod. Need to attach sling also.
3- Would like to keep the weight down but strength is more important.
4- Stock Gas Block / Sight will be replaced. The lower profile under Tube a better way to go? It makes sense to me as long as there is clearance.
Thanks everyone.

Re: AR Fore end question

the model 1 float tube at 35 $, nothing wrong with it, drill and mount rails(use machine screws and nuts, threading the tube will eventually strip) low profile gas block will be easier than installing the gas block last(high profile)

Re: AR Fore end question

what george said, i agree on the model 1, or dpms. inexpensive and light. my friend had one on a 16" upper, i think it was a midlength tube. had a rail section screwed on for a light and a swivel stud for his sling. nice basic setup.

it was extremely light and maneuverable. comfortable to shoot.