• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Gold trigger question HELP

fastford

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2008
    Central, Texas
    tryin to drop the new ar gold 308 trigger in a lower. once its in, it wiggles alittle in the lower is this normal???

Re: AR Gold trigger question HELP

Brand of lower? Pin size?

I have several ar-15's and ar-10's with a big variety of triggers, never a "wiggle" in them except in the rare case when the pin holes were worn out in the lower. That said, I have no experience with AR Gold triggers.

Many threads/posts on the AR Gold trigger on the Brian Enos multigun forum just to give you another resource.

Good luck with your rifle!

DT

There is no wiggle room in mine. But with that said, mine is a LR-308.

Yea its the AR Gold SR trigger for the 308. I used the pins that came with the trigger... Did you yours come with pins?

i used kns pins. when i slipped the supplied pins in it still seemed loose

it is the SR 308 trigger

hmmm... When you slip the supplied pins into the trigger did you feel them snap into place? Supposedly that is when they are locked into place... Also, does the trigger still have wiggle room with the supplied pins?

to use the kns pins i had to remove the 2 clips that hold the inserts the pins go through. So al i did was slide the pins in and they dont click into place because of that.

Man, to be honest I have no idea. I would call them on monday and see what they say... Sorry I dont have anymore info, but mine was just a drop in and go.

i dropped the stock pins in it, with the clips, same thing alittle loose. I did adjust it down to 2 1/4 lbs, feels pretty good

If you keep it that way, just make sure that it passes the drop test...Copy on the drop test?

Well since there is no "mil-spec" 308 ar out there, they'll all have different tollerences. My suggestion to you if you want to keep the trigger is to make a shim, you can cut up a pop can if need be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to use the kns pins i had to remove the 2 clips that hold the inserts the pins go through. So al i did was slide the pins in and they dont click into place because of that. </div></div>

You shouldn't have to remove the clips. If you rotate the KNS pins so the flat is in line with the clip it will slide past it until the main diameter of the pin comes into contact. Then using the keeper rotate the pin so the flat lifts the clip and then you can slide the pin in the rest of the way. Just be careful if you have the thin design as you don't want to brake the keeper.

i have tried it with and without the kns pins and i still have a slight side to side wiggle

The drop test is when you have the upper and lower is split apart. Cock the trigger back and with your finger pull back the shoulder that holds the hammer down to make sure that the hammer does not release. If the hammer stays cocked, your pins are doing their job.