• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR Gunsmith in Dallas/Fort Worth Area

usmcmad

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2017
Anyone know of a good AR Gunsmith in the DFW area? I have an AR10 that I can not get a consistent group out of. I don't know if it's the scope, the rifle or me. I have worked on making sure it isn't me. I can get two shots together then 2-3 rounds will go all over the place and then I'll get two shots back together. The inconsistency has driven me nuts. I had the rifle on an 85' yard range and ended the day with two 5 shot groups that were at least close. The next week I went out to a 100 yard range and the first two shots were good and the next 10 shots were no where close to where the crosshairs were. I would call my shot and look down range and it wasn't even close.

I am at the end of my line of trying to figure it out. Looking for someone that can help diagnose the problem and apply a fix if needed.

Just because I'm curious, do you have/have you tuned an adjustable gas block? I had an AR15 that was a 2-3 MOA gun while it was over-gassed. I turned the gas down, and it came down to under 1 MOA.

It may be worth a look.

I do, that's a good call and something I have not checked.

Isn't "AR Gunsmith" kind of an oxymoron? More like "AR Armorer" in most cases...