• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AR 'hider timing

HitEmHard

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2004
San Antonio, TX
So I just got a Phantom 5C2 for my AR, but it doesn't line up correctly. With a crush washer in place, the "bottom" tightens to 90f off center. Without the washer, it lines up correctly but I'm afraid to tighten it too much and it keeps coming loose. Any thoughts?

Re: AR 'hider timing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Hineline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never use a crush washer with silencers. Use an A2 peel washer. Also the mount should be put in place with a product called Rocksett </div></div>

Who said anything about a silencer? He's talking about a flashider and shouldn't need to use Rocksett on a flashhider.

To mount the flash hider put the crush washer on and thread the flash hider on finger tight. You want it to no line up. As long as it's 90 degrees off center, looking from the muzzle end, it should be between about 1 o'clock and 9 o'clock. If it's in that range, put a wrench on it and tighten it up to 12 o'clock. The crush washer will take care of getting the torque right. If it's not quite right you can try swapping crush washers, they never line up the same. If you've already crushed the washer, don't use it again.

Re: AR 'hider timing

OK thanks, I was just concerned about tightening it past a snug fit. To get it to 12 o'clock I'd really have to crank it... I do like the nice little star pattern of flash it leaves.
smile.gif