• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR kydex mag holsters..

sweetbeard

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2010
Just spreading the love for these things in case no one has seen similar kydex holsters.

I don't see them listed on his website but he sure makes the hell out of these things !

http://rkbaholsters.com/

2011-06-11_14-29-01_878.jpg

2011-06-11_14-29-17_384.jpg

2011-06-11_14-31-23_287.jpg

2011-09-08_13-44-59_191.jpg

2011-09-08_13-44-21_592.jpg

For everyone looking , the ones without Pmags are for regular AR mags.. you can see the difference..

Re: AR kydex mag holsters..

Those are nice if you are only carrying a single mag or maybe 2 mags. But they take up to much space if you need to carry 2 rifle mags, 3 pistol mags, and shotgun shells.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are nice if you are only carrying a single mag or maybe 2 mags. But they take up to much space if you need to carry 2 rifle mags, 3 pistol mags, and shotgun shells.

</div></div>

True, but I only need 2
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price? </div></div>

$20 + or - .. I don't want to quote prices because I got a discount on multiple orders.. I have bought many holsters from him. Always fast shipping and great customer service..

Agreed. I am planning to shoot in an ACTS match and for those you need two mags each for your rifle and handgun. I brought two BladeTech “AR-15/M16 paddle magazine pouch” and I have three problems with them. One is they do not look anything like what the Brownells ad show on their website (see photo for comparison). Second is the paddles are large like the OPs and if you need to use two side by side, they interfere with each other. The third problem I have is when the 30 round mags are in the pouch, they angle towards to body so much that they dig into my side. Planning to send them back.

Anyone know of better designed AR-15 mag pouches that address these problems?
Mag1.jpg

I recently tried a TACO mag from HSGI (with the belt adapter) and like it. They are not cheap though...

Dont know if they will address your third issue though. Maybe you can contact Comptac and see if they will make you a DIVA mag carrier...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently tried a TACO mag from HSGI (with the belt adapter) and like it. They are not cheap though...

Dont know if they will address your third issue though. Maybe you can contact Comptac and see if they will make you a DIVA mag carrier...

</div></div>

“Diva holster” – That would be a bit drastic…..and may in fact get me in trouble in other ways – LOL! But actually on the topic of Comp-Tac, I currently use their pistol holster and like it a lot (not Diva of course…), but they in fact make an “AR Mag Pouch” which is this one:

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=32

Which to me looks pretty slim. The only thing which worries me slightly is how “fitted” the pouch is which makes me think it might be difficult to do any tac reload. Sure wish they would give you more photos so that you can get a better idea of how they are constructed.

I have used the Bladetech mag pouch, the Tek lok version, used with a sturdy belt the mag pouch worked very well for me, although I had only to use two. They also have a double stacked version as well,for those looking for extra capacity.

I run a Blade tech with tek lok as well ... actually took a second one and JB welded it to the first and run it on a Jones tactical belt ... I keep 2 mags in there and if I need it I have a coupled mag that I just shove between my belt and my pants in the rear.

I was thinking that the tek lok required their specialty belt and that was the reason I was going for the paddle.

However, the teck lok version does looks much slimmer. I have a Comp-Tac Kydex reinforced contour belt which is 1.5” wide, do you think the teck lok version would work with it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking that the tek lok required their specialty belt and that was the reason I was going for the paddle.

However, the teck lok version does looks much slimmer. I have a Comp-Tac Kydex reinforced contour belt which is 1.5” wide, do you think the teck lok version would work with it? </div></div>

Sure will ... it will work with belts up to 2 inches wide. They have a spacer system built in that will let you use narrower belts as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking that the tek lok required their specialty belt and that was the reason I was going for the paddle.

However, the teck lok version does looks much slimmer. I have a Comp-Tac Kydex reinforced contour belt which is 1.5” wide, do you think the teck lok version would work with it? </div></div>

Sure will ... it will work with belts up to 2 inches wide. They have a spacer system built in that will let you use narrower belts as well. </div></div>

Outsy-

How do you like getting in n out of that tek lok? I'm in the market for those blade tech AR mag pouches and I'm curious.

Guess some of you guys are ninja with your kit... I asked a local dude to make me some stuff
cool.gif

he is making me a leather Surbu SS holster next month
whistle.gif

But I like where this thread is heading I like to see new gear.

I was just giving you a hard time jlow
smile.gif

Comptac does make nice stuff but I like the HSGI carriers because they work with a variety of mags and on the left or right side.

pupdawg, you can adjust the tension on the mag, use it lefty or righty, have the rounds forward or reverse. I thought it held the mags solidly in place and good grasp and they were out and ready to use, used with a quality belt, its a pretty decent system.

Thanks – I will look into it. Don’t know about ninja – LOL! But the gear is required for the competition since you need reloads in the two- and three-gun competitions.

Another possibility is I may go with another setup that I also have which is one of these BCM 03 modular split front chest harness (and you thought that Blade Tech was ninjaish – LOL).

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-03-MSF-Chest-Harness-s/124.htm

People don’t like the chest reload because they don’t allow you to get a “beer can” grip on the mag like the belt pouches, but I find that reloads are actually pretty easy once I put the Magpul ASAP attachment point on my lower receiver as it gets the two point sling out of the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How do you like getting in n out of that tek lok? I'm in the market for those blade tech AR mag pouches and I'm curious. </div></div>

They are not hard to open and close. If you use a cobra buckle, it is nice not to have to undo the belt to remove them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just giving you a hard time jlow
smile.gif

Comptac does make nice stuff but I like the HSGI carriers because they work with a variety of mags and on the left or right side. </div></div>

Not a problem as I got a giggle myself!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking that the tek lok required their specialty belt and that was the reason I was going for the paddle.

Sure will ... it will work with belts up to 2 inches wide. They have a spacer system built in that will let you use narrower belts as well. </div></div>

Outsy-

How do you like getting in n out of that tek lok? I'm in the market for those blade tech AR mag pouches and I'm curious. </div></div>

Ive got not probs with it. If they werent 10 dollars each for the Tek Lok alone Id have 7 more for my shotgun shell caddies. Ive got them on my AR mag holder, Ive got one on a dual pistol mag holder that I built along with Deadeye351, Ive got one on my pistol holster that Deadeye351 and I fabbed up.

I do prefer the older ones over the newer ones due to the way the lock mechanism works once you have it on the belt ... there is a keeper that would go in the old style to keep the tabs from being pressed and releasing that you could use if you wanted to or not. The newer ones the lock mechanism are built in and kinda swivel from the bottom to lock . Ive actually just pulled the lock off the new ones that I have and use it without them. Ive never had a problem with them coming open while being used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the HSGI carriers because they work with a variety of mags and on the left or right side. </div></div>

Hey, I just took a look at those and they look nice. Any particular one you would recommend for use on the CompTac belt?

The belt adapters are adjustable so they should work with any belt width.