• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR pistol help.. Just need to get it tweaked

justincase

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2022
Georgia
I built an AR 5.56 5 in. barrel... I am having failure to extract ..its not the first one I have done..
the issue is I put 10 rounds in a mag to test loads 1 st ..fire 2nd ..fire 3rd wont eject but tries to jam a round in..
clear jam load again exact same issue. .No buffer I have a 3 inch shorty system on the end witch works amazing on 7 inch..
Any input would be awesome..
My first thought was under gassed ???

Ammo?

If you put 1 round in the mag, and fire, what happens?

What buffer are you running?

the bcg still seems strong ,Im just stumped on this one hell I nfigured with a 1 in 5 twist Ide at least be over gassed lol

That doesn't sound under gassed.

Is it failing to extract from the chamber or is is beginning to extract and loses control of the empty case?

That doesn't sound under gassed.

Is it failing to extract from the chamber or is is beginning to extract and loses control of the empty case?
wouldn't extract from chamber and would try to shove another round into it so hard it shoved back into the brass

the second time the old case was half out of chamber bent in half wile new one was shoved half way into chamber

It could be that it is trying to extract before the pressure has dropped. Do you have a way to adjust gas or add buffer?

not the buffer but gas I was thinking adjustable, but that would slow it down Is that what your thinking would be possibly over gassed..Im going to check cases