• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Pistol Thread: The Shorter The Better

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
I did not see one of these threads started. Soo this would be cool to see.

If you have an AR Pistol, post it up!!

5C9CAD62-CE98-43F4-8E8D-BB91B79492DF.jpeg
B8A5086E-6EA0-4629-B33C-615E88C9B66A.jpeg

Really short unsurpressed 5.56 ARs give you a flash-bang with every round. And then there is the reduced velocity. 300BLK much better round for short barreled AR pistols.

OFG

Reactions: r.tenorio671
I use Hornady TAP Urban ammo... i have good results out to 100 yards. Makes for a great PDW.

I like the .300 but i wanted to stay with the ammo loads i already had and not bring a new round into the fold.

I'm working on an upper:
pistol_upper.jpg

Daniel Defense billet front sight (0.625"), Brownells/Faxon 11.5" Gunner barrel with carbine gas. JSE triangle hand guards and flash hider.

I'm going to put it on a Colt A2 (handle) upper and Cerakote the handguard cap and flash hider to try and match the nitride.

The tough part is going to be pinning the front sight.

Nothing too special here, but they work well and they are mine. Suppressor mounts of both of course, along with a number of other parts I made myself.

9" 300 Blk with LAW folder, I drop it in a backpack to go places:

cVv4igP.jpg

Qx0d7nd.jpg

Are we including SBRs here? 12.5" 6.5 Grendel with a barrel I machined from a blank. It made some really good hits on steel at 600 yards this weekend, and was more consistent in the wind than my 16" 5.56, hard to argue with that:

7jFdmit.jpg