• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR "Pistols" in Trouble Now?

Centuriator

Dude...you're being very un-Dude.
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2012
Middle 'Merica!
Oh, boy, here we go....the Dayton shooter used an AR "pistol" which is being described by the ignorant police and/or media as "Something that he converted into a rifle" using a legal "brace." Just a matter of time, in my opinion, before the ATF says, "Nope, that's a SBR, no matter what you call that "brace" thing (which we all know everyone uses like a butt stock).

Reactions: MegaMind
Hi,

IF we forgo the part of the conversation of "Shall not be infringed" and instead go with populace commonality and the sad reality...

The pistol brace was nothing more than a Fuck You via word play; so nobody should be surprised when the word play comes back to Fuck itself.

The old saying of "Let sleeping dogs lie" comes to mind.....

Sincerely,
Theis

What Theis said, Can see this going the way of the bump stocks.

Your both idiot frogs sitting in warm water....... how long till they figure out the longer barrels make rifles more accurate and it won’t be long after that that they decide shorter barrels make rifles more concealable and then sometime after that it’ll be triggers with trigger pull is less than 18 pounds that make rifles able to shoot more frequently and so on and so on until eventually the water around you idiot frogs is boiling

I find it odd that in the last few months we have had mass murders committed with a suppressor, an AK variant and an AR Pistol. None of which are normal for this type of shooting. This cannot be coincidental. All they are lacking at this point is a semi auto shotgun and a scoped rifle. Curious if we will see these used before the election?

Oh, boy, here we go....the Dayton shooter used an AR "pistol" which is being described by the ignorant police and/or media as "Something that he converted into a rifle" using a legal "brace." Just a matter of time, in my opinion, before the ATF says, "Nope, that's a SBR, no matter what you call that "brace" thing (which we all know everyone uses like a butt stock).

Buy those braces boys

That the ATF under Obama decided to allow both bump stocks and pistol braces was highly suspicious.
I think somewhere along the way it was always planned to let them be allowed for "some reason" and then take them away and try to take more away at the same time.

When the govt twists and convolutes words, definitions, intent, laws etc......how come its ok for them to do it ?....uuummmm and not us.....

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Hi,

I am having a meeting with ATF Investigators right now on some different ITAR things, lolol.....

Sadly..not all of them are not on our side.

Sincerely,
Theis

You mean there might actually be some that would be on our side?
That would be shocking news!

When the govt twists and convolutes words, definitions, intent, laws etc......how come its ok for them to do it ?....uuummmm and not us.....

FWIW, atf was given a shitty job to do. The congress that knows jack-shit about the subject they're writing laws for hands atf said f'ed up law and has them sort out what it means. I'm not making an argument for the existence of atf (other than I do love alcohol, tobacco & firearms), just saying it would be a cluster-f.

• Haha
Reactions: MarinePMI and Dpp
Your both idiot frogs sitting in warm water.......

Hi,

And just what are you doing to help the firearms industry and customers about the situation?
I currently am writing the new definition of manufacturer that the BATFE, DDTC and Dept of Commerce will utilize, along with reviewing the proposed ITAR transition from DDTC to Dept of Commerce.

Sincerely,
Theis

Sarcastic or suggesting getting them before atf redetermines what they are? If for use after, might as well put a good stock on that shorty.

Suggesting not Sarcastic @MtnCreek.

Until I saw the new versions that SB Tactical are offering, I always felt that the braces were pretty dumb. Now they are stocks for all intents and purpose...the latest ones for AR15s actually can attach to a conventional buffer tube so they can be operated like a normal stock relative to LOP adjustment. If my ARs didn't fall overboard yesterday, I would definitely buy one for each of the pistols I had before the accident

Hi,

IF we forgo the part of the conversation of "Shall not be infringed" and instead go with populace commonality and the sad reality...

The pistol brace was nothing more than a Fuck You via word play; so nobody should be surprised when the word play comes back to Fuck itself.

The old saying of "Let sleeping dogs lie" comes to mind.....

Sincerely,
Theis

And, if we all stand together we can continue to give them a big “fuck you”. I’m tired of the back and forth rulings and then I stand fears of someone taking someone’s property and so forth. At the end of the day, we are still the ones with all of the guns. Wait, let me guess, cue up the ones that say the military is going to come take them. Laughable. We stand together or we all fall. Many seem defeatist already and of we have that attitude we might as well hand them all over. What I am shocked by is the fact that nobody with power and resources in the gun community are saying anything at all. That’s alarming. If they keep it up their livelihood will be gone with the stroke of a pen. Yes, I’m somewhat talking about youtubers, manufacturers and so forth. Guns, ammo, armor, soft goods, cases, targets, accessories and on and on is big biz and how a lot of people put food on the table, including those ATF agents. Without guns, there sure as hell won’t be a need for all of these agents.

Reactions: Steel+Killer

Until I saw the new versions that SB Tactical are offering, I always felt that the braces were pretty dumb. Now they are stocks for all intents and purpose...the latest ones for AR15s actually can attach to a conventional buffer tube so they can be operated like a normal stock relative to LOP adjustment. If my ARs didn't fall overboard yesterday, I would definitely buy one for each of the pistols I had before the accident
Prior this morning's fishing trip, I had some of the SB Tact that fit on a carbine buffer tube. Beats the hell out of a buffer tube with a tennis ball on it. :-D

If atf decides they are not a brace and made for purposes that don't mesh with nfa, they'll be contraband. At that point someone would need a longer barrel or stamp. If someone decided to not opt for either, might as well put whatever stock on there that they like becuase a brace would be just as legal as an A2. I think there's about a 0% chance existing braces get grandfathered.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Prior this morning's fishing trip, I had some of the SB Tact that fit on a carbine buffer tube. Beats the hell out of a buffer tube with a tennis ball on it. :-D

If atf decides they are not a brace and made for purposes that don't mesh with nfa, they'll be contraband. At that point someone would need a longer barrel or stamp. If someone decided to not opt for either, might as well put whatever stock on there that they like becuase a brace would be just as legal as an A2. I think there's about a 0% chance existing braces get grandfathered.

Agreed 100%

Everything is in trouble now. The slippery slope has turned into a cliff face and the masses are about to be shoved off the cliff by ignorance, fear, and activism.
Get ready for mass registrations followed by confiscation, we are the last generation of gun owners.

Do you guys need a ruler or a microscope to measure your wieners? :)

iu

We should, of course, do everything we can to foster future generations to avail all their civil liberties and rights. But I just don't see it happening.

For the last 2 years I’ve been getting shit for paying for tax stamps on all my SBR’s with everyone saying “just get the brace dude!” But I knew it was only a matter of time before shot like this happens and they decided to start banning them as well. Especially being that e-file on form 1’s is only running about 30 days. Better safe than sorry. ?‍♂️

Now when they ban the braces I can sit back and say “fuck you mine are legal” ?

Interesting how many have gave up already, or sided with the man. Notes have been took,...
Fuck, it's too much to be berated constantly since Sandy Hook. I'm gonna just take up kayak fishing. Hope I don't lose anything in the process...
I haven't sided with anyone and am always on the side of expanding civil liberties. But the incessantly loud minority happily sacrifice liberty for comfort and "safety" and it's getting tiresome and I've got bigger problems that I need to solve.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Fuck, it's too much to be berated constantly since Sandy Hook. I'm gonna just take up kayak fishing. Hope I don't lose anything in the process...
I haven't sided with anyone and am always on the side of expanding civil liberties. But the incessantly loud minority happily sacrifice liberty for comfort and "safety" and it's getting tiresome and I've got bigger problems that I need to solve.
If you use a zebco 33, you might be alright. I'm convinced you'd hurt yourself with a flyrod.

This is why I went ahead and paid the $400 and cost of engraving for my two SBRs.

Always felt the brace was ugly, uncomfortable, and barely on the edge of legality.

The brace next week could be given the ban hammer with a time frame for people to correct.

As for an out right buy back ban. They aren't going to pay us for what our rifles cost. Sorry, I sold my shit privately. I'm sure there are many who feel the same way and they are going to realize on Capitol Hill that there is a huge problem. How many semiautomatic rifles are there? Uh, exactly. Even though Biden and other Dems says they will come after them if they are elected, I don't think it would happen. The ban on sales, and required registration, I can definitely see that happening.

As someone said, we are sliding down a cliff face. Slippery slope slipped out from underneath us.

I just hope when all comes to a head we have the balls of a Hong Kongese............

Hong Konger?

Hong Kongolese?

Hong Kongolian?

Hong Kongan?

Hong Kongian?

L-7 according to my local noodle shop’s menu. L-6 doesn’t come with the umbrella

You "types" have got to quit boating with your guns.
?

Reactions: Nik H
You "types" have got to quit boating with your guns.
?

Well, as you might already know, it's our right to be armed while fishing, hunting, hiking or camping.

Florida Fish and Wildlife officers actually suggest carrying in many areas of the state while partaking in these activities.

It seems like many people lose a rifle or pistol overboard on every trip.
I think it's just added into the cost of having fun. :) :)

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Hi,

And just what are you doing to help the firearms industry and customers about the situation?
I currently am writing the new definition of manufacturer that the BATFE, DDTC and Dept of Commerce will utilize, along with reviewing the proposed ITAR transition from DDTC to Dept of Commerce.

Sincerely,
Theis

Pointing out the shortcomings of others.