• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR question

Pigman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
Katy, TX
Hey everyone, I just got my license last week and I've been looking around for a truck and I finally found one for about $2800. I want to come up with at least half of that to help my parents out so I'm considering selling my AR-15. If I do decide to sell it I want to know how much I could get out of it before I post it for sale. I don't really know how much value AR's, or guns in general for that matter, lose so I need some help. Here's the specs:

Rock River Arms Upper and Lower Receivers
Rock River Arms Internals (BCG, Trigger, etc...)
Hogue Pistol Grip
Carbine Length Gas System
Magpul UBR
VLTOR CASV-M Rail System
16" chrome moly barrel
EOTech 512
Magpul MS2 Sling with Magpul RSA sling attachment
3 stippled Magpul PMAGS
Tango Down VFG
Fieldsport Inc. VFG/Weaponlight/Laser
It also has about 600 rounds through it

I'll have pictures up tomorrow once I can find the camera. I'd also appreciate it if y'all could tell me how much y'all think I could get for the entire rifle and also just the upper. Thanks in advance for all and any help!

-Josh

Re: AR question

1800-2000 after upgrades maybe, unless you think it's worth more. Is it your only rifle/AR?

I have a 6.8 SPC upper that I should have here pretty soon which is why I might just sell the upper. That way I can pair the 6.8 upper with the lower I have now or I might sell the whole thing and just buy a cheaper lower. As far as rifles go I have two .25-06's, three .22's, and two shotguns, so it's not my only gun but it's the only one I'd even think about selling.

My guess.

1500ish if sold as a package. 1700ish if you part it out.