• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AR Scope Options

predator

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2007
Jax, FL
Looking for a scope for my AR in 223, main purpose of the gun is predator hunting.
I want something in the 5x20x50 power & really want illuminated reticle. Also side parallax is nice & a ballistic reticle (mil, etc).
For the $$$ I'm trying to stay under $500
So far I'm looking at the Leupold AR series; I really like the Mark 4 but too much money right now.
I also like the Nikon M-223 line, but the Hawke Tac 30 seems to fit my bill the best.
Has anyone heard of Hawke? I know Leupold & Nikon & know for the money they are great scopes.
I'd sure like another NightForce but it’s just not in the budget right now.
So any scope I should be looking at that was not listed, any recommendations, any thoughts on the Hawke Tac 30?

Re: AR Scope Options

Ok lets try this again...my computer turned off last time.

I have a DPMS LR-308 with a Millett LRS-1 Illum mildot recticle.

I spent $430.00 and it had free shipping and no tax in NC. I have 300 rounds and out to 350 yards with no issues. I know a lot of people have complained of issues with theirs but mine is good to go. A guy at work has one on a bolt .308 and no issues either.

Its 6-25x with the mil-dot on at 12.5x and 25x. The 25x is nice because it breaks the mils down .5 instead of 1 mil. You can download the instructions for free from millett's website. It also has a side focus

and for the money you get a sunshade, lens covers, and rings. The rings are a little high so a cheek piece might be needed.

Good luck looking and Watch your 6

Re: AR Scope Options

I had a Mark AR and it's a very good scope for the price. The glass is really good and the turrets are crisp and audible. I actually like the turrets on my Leupold over my Nightforce if that tells you anything. I was quite surprised at the quality that you get for the price. I would definately buy again if the situation arise.