• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-STOCKS

Ogallala_1

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2008
Ogallala ne,
So here is my question. Can a stock from an airsoft rifle fit on an ar-15? Not that I want to do that but i am looking at a couple on ebay but i dont want to get screwed so can they be air soft stocks?? Will they fit? What is the difference?

thanks John

Re: AR-STOCKS

yes they will fit...but i wouldnt use them due to construction and materials used. Why waste your time looking on EBay when you can go to a reputable AR parts dealer and get something you know was designed for a real firearm?

I second what Deadly said. Theres guys selling new and used ones on here for some great prices that are the real deal. Don't waste your money and time.

My question in reply...

What problem would that be the answer too?

Cost?

Functionality?

Don't waste your time and money.....just go and buy a UBR or PRS according to your application and be done with it......

Yes, they will fit. Yes, they are frequently sold as the real deal, especially on ebay. Stick to reputable dealers to avoid those issues.

Yes...they'll fit. Will they hold up...NO!

There is a reason that they are marketed as airsoft components. Like folks have already said, stick to reputable retailers and avoid eBay. If you must use eBay, you do so at your own peril. At a minimum, if you insist on going that route, I would ask very specific questions, ask for pictures and other documentation to prove that what is being offered for sale is the genuine article and not airsoft $H!T. Even then...it is a crap shoot with some of the disreputable folks selling anything and everything on there these days.

Just the thought of the BCG slamming the buffer and compressing the spring into an Airsoft buttstock during a fast mag dump is enough to make me cringe at what's going to happen when that stock decides it's had enough and departs company with the rifle. A buffer and spring combo blasting into your face while firing isn't worth the few bucks you save buying toy parts...

If you can't find one for sale in the optics and accessory section, every dealer on the Hide is reputable. They wouldn't be here if they weren't here. Pick a vendor, fire out an email or call them, and order that puppy up.

Thanks for all the input guys your right the juice definately NOT worth the squeeze. Gonna stick to buying here on the hide.

John