• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR Trigger Groups?

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
I have been wondering about AR trigger groups. Will the AR-15 trigger groups, like the 2 stage type, fit in the 308 lowers like the DPMS LR-308 lowers? I have been thinking about putting a 2 stage trigger in the Lower I built and figured I had better find out if they will fit before I try it.

Re: AR Trigger Groups?

No, 10 and 15 triggers are different. If you want the best (no 2 stage) go to PACT. Its a virtual drop in and 2 pounds is no problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, 10 and 15 triggers are different. If you want the best (no 2 stage) go to PACT. Its a virtual drop in and 2 pounds is no problem. </div></div>

The AR10 and AR15 triggers are the same.

just measured with an electronic caliper a Bushmaster Ar 15 trigger and a Armalite AR 10 trigger group and they are not the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just measured with an electronic caliper a Bushmaster Ar 15 trigger and a Armalite AR 10 trigger group and they are not the same. </div></div>

What measurements are different?

Aftermarket companies may offer different models between the 223 and 308 models but a standard mil spec trigger will interchange between an AR15, AR10B, and DPMS LR.

KAC%2098032%20Trigger-2T.jpg

KAC is the same.

Mr. Humble is wrong? Say it isn't so...

What has been happening is that a lot of manufacturers are finding out that the AR15 hammer is too light on a 308. That is where the confusion is. An AR15 trigger/hammer will fit into an AR10/LR308/POF 308, but some have problems with misfires or light firing pin strikes due to the light hammer.

I had a Timney drop in trigger in my DPMS LR308 and worked fine and I also have a Timney in my POF 260 and works fine.

I guess it depends. All I know is that PACT makes TWO that's TWO different trigger assemblies for ARs. One for the 10, one for the 15 and THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.
Of course a P-17 bolt will fit in an 03 too...........

And your shoe will fit in your mouth...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess it depends. All I know is that PACT makes TWO that's TWO different trigger assemblies for ARs. One for the 10, one for the 15 and THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.
Of course a P-17 bolt will fit in an 03 too........... </div></div>

There is a ton of goofy triggers on the market. Some don't work at all let alone in an AR10. If you look at manufacturers such as Geiselle and KAC you'll notice they use the same trigger. I would bet it has more to do with the fact that they can make a trigger correctly and less to do with the AR10 being different.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And your shoe will fit in your mouth... </div></div>

Check the optics section, his preference isn't shoes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just measured with an electronic caliper a Bushmaster Ar 15 trigger and a Armalite AR 10 trigger group and they are not the same. </div></div>

guys found out that my caliper was off. I apologize, and stand corrected. They are the same but as it was said above the ar15 hammer has been known to produce light strikes on the primer. Sorry i posted some false information

Don't know about anyone else, but DPMS uses a standard a-15 trigger group.

858, stop trying to look like some home boy thug and grow up.
That silly thing on your head has one obvious hole and I can guess what gets stuck in it....not YOUR foot.

19scout77 why don't you pack up your sorry ass, leave the chemical dump of the USA and come out here. I'm sure "Mrs Humble" (a retired LEO) will be glad to discuss your insults face to face, you wimp coward.
At least I know where she is at night.......

Mr. H- It's interesting that when you get called out on being WRONG (for about 50th time on this site alone), rather than address the error of your posts, you hurl insults and then your cyber-feathers get ruffled after someone calls you out on posting a picture of what can only be described as a silicon filled transsexual or a reasonable facsimile thereof, in your post discussing the homosexual population of DFW vs. that of Key West (if that is in fact your wife--then--OOPS!!)

You are, to say the least, an interesting chap.

Regards,

Your sorry ass wimp coward Garden State pal

I mean come on man, YOU posted the picture.
brandnew.jpg

Wrong 50 times? Can I see a list?
You insult my wife and then hide behind a bunch of Tony Soprano "JOISY" tough guy B.S.......wimpass CLEAR!
BTW, you better get better at spotting women vs transexuals or you may get a REAL surprise you reach under some bimbo's skirt you picked up off the street in Trenton!
My point on DFW vs KW (DUH!) is that gay people are everywhere and for some redneck from nowhere TX to suggest otherwise is dumber than dirt.
We're all done on this thread, adios!

Hahahahahahaha, you posted pictures of your wife topless and she got confused with a tranny...on top of being wrong. It's just not your day.

I was wondering what ever happened to Robin Byrd...now we know

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK to get back on topic the question was about AR trigger groups. I think the question was whether the AR-15 triggers will fit in the AR-10. </div></div>

I have two of the IRA Gen II Trigger. One installed in my 308 DPMS-Type lower (IRA) and the other installed in my POF 415 (gen 3). So far it functions like it should.

I can settle at least part of the debate on whether or not AR15 trigger groups will fit in the DPMS LR-308. I bought a Geiselle SSA trigger group today and installed it in my DPMS. It fit perfectly. I function tested it with a snap cap first and all was fine. I then went outside and tried live ammo and had no problems with light primer strikes or any other problems. My trigger pull is now down to 3 1/2 lbs first stage and 1 1/2 lbs 2nd stage. Not sure whether anyone will care about this info but thought I would just pass it along.

Actually, both answers are correct....and wrong.

Ar15 and AR10/LR308/etc. trigger pin holes and relationships ARE the same so they ALL will FIT (but maybe not function properly).

In other words, a STOCK, so-called mil-spec hammer, trigger, & disconnect will work in either gun, some manufacturers use a heavier hammer spring (DPMS does NOT, all parts are the same as their A15).

AFTERMARKET triggers are all different, I like the Geissele's as they use FULL power springs and have the fastest locktime on the market, I have them in both Ar15's and 10's, same part # for either gun.

Some other brands have different part numbers for the different guns and this is the reason.........

Most other aftermarket AR15 triggers use a lighter trigger spring and lighter hammer to achieve a lighter pull and lock time, this sometimes causes problems with the heavier firing pin weight of the AR10/LR308/etc. (Armalite also has a return spring on the FP, which takes even more power to hit).

Sooo...they make another part number with a heavier spring and/or hammer to overcome the inertia of the heavier FP.

Anyway, just get a Geissele and you'll never regret it.

If it's just a play gun and you want to go cheap, buy an RRA 2 stage for $85, (they use full power springs) but don't use one on a gun you may need to trust your life with as sometime (may be 500 or 8000 rounds) it will fail, as will most of the other aftermarket triggers.

If the cheaper trigger doesn't hit hard enough, just stick a Wolff HEAVY trigger spring (from Brownells) in it.

HTH