• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ar Triggers

ramrod197

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2008
Mt Airy Maryland USA
I had wanted a rock river trigger but it seems they dont have any to fit a large pin receiver and wont eather, so i am looking for a good trigger and the best place to buy it as i need it soon Thanks

Re: Ar Triggers

Geissele SSA large pin trigger... ALL DAY LONG!

Money well spent.

Since you are looking at a 2-stage, match quality trigger like the RRA, you would be VERY well served to buy the Geissele SSA-LP or SSA-E-LP (different pull weights for each stage...the "E" is a little lighter on both 1st and 2nd stage...make SURE you get the LP which stands for "Large Pin").

They can be purchased from MidwayUSA, ADCO Firearms, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ramrod197</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks ORD </div></div>

BE SURE IF YOU GO TO MIDWAYUSA that you check out the discount code threads here on the forum. Going that route will likely save you between $10 to $20 on your purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ramrod197</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow thats right i forgot about the codes.. but i dont remember where i saw them </div></div>

Here you go since its Christmas and I'm feeling generous...
wink.gif

$100 or more - Use Promotion Code 101210
$200 or more - Use Promotion Code 201210
$300 or more - Use Promotion Code 301210
$500 or more - Use Promotion Code 501210

Good through 23:59 on Dec. 25.

You can find a very informative comparison of trigger options here.

Both my AR-15s sport Geissele DMRs, and the AR-308 I'm planning for next year will get one as well. Even jaded shooters that fire these rifles complement the triggers.

—Andreas

JP. On the Hartford Horsey 3-Gun rifle, the hammer & trigger have well over 100k on them, with only 2 spring changes (not necessary to do the change, I just did it as preventive maintenance).

Rich

Geissele triggers are without question the best I've used in an AR15. I've tried all of the others listed in this thread, and nothing compares to Geissele. IMHO, if you're going to spend the time and money to replace the trigger, you might as well do it right.

I put a Geissele trigger in my Noveske N4. Made a hell of a difference.

Geissele trigger large pin seem to be pretty scarce.

The wilson combat TTU is a dang good trigger and can be installed in less than 5 minutes. I have never felt a Geissele but can't imagine them being better than the TTU.

Geissele on my predator, target and varmint AR's. I've had the opportunity to use Timney, Bushmaster, Rock River among others and keep the Geissele's in my ARs.

Firt you need to tell us if you want a single stage (for precision) or a two stage (for tactical situations).

Geissele for 2 stage
Timney for single

IMHO

Bill Springfield just did two for me, a 2.5lb single stage and a RRA 2 stage. Less than a week turn around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesBailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Firt you need to tell us if you want a <span style="text-decoration: line-through">single </span> Two stage (for precision) or a <span style="text-decoration: line-through">two </span> One stage (for tactical situations).

Geissele for 2 stage
Timney for single
</div></div>

Fixed it for you.........