• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR upper with no auto sear cutout question

Morgan3

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2019
I have built a few AR 15s over the past few years, have done a ton of research into them, but have recently come across something I have no experience with and have a question. In search of a upper receiver recently, one of the only options I found on a quick search was an Aero Precision “ with no auto sear cutout”. I have a decent understanding of the differences on AR15 vs M16 lowers, but was wondering if this type of upper receiver would have any drawbacks as opposed to a standard milspec upper.
I have no interest whatsoever in the ability to accept a full auto sear.
My main concern is if that type of upper would impact any other type of interchangeable controls such as aftermarket triggers, safeties, or anything else I might not have considered.
From what I see they are marketed towards Euro countries where the capability of accepting an auto sear is a no-go, but I’m hoping somebody here can give some clarity into this!

All parts will work with that upper.