• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Upper

usngoat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2008
HI
I have built a AR-15 lower and am not completely sure which upper I should go with. Want something for deer hunting while visiting my home state of Maine and have narrowed it down to 458 socom, 450 bushmaster, 6.8 SPC or DPMS .260 any thoughts or experiences to assist in my decision making? Thanks

Re: AR Upper

Ahhhh good call, I do have an AR-10 lower also though
smile.gif

So I just called Rock River Arms and Bushmaster for some information. Rock River said if I were to order the .458 SOCOM than I am looking a very long lead time as they are now filling orders from Feb and March. Bushmaster can fill my order within 30-40 days. Wonder what the deal is there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usngoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I just called Rock River Arms and Bushmaster for some information. Rock River said if I were to order the .458 SOCOM than I am looking a very long lead time as they are now filling orders from Feb and March. Bushmaster can fill my order within 30-40 days. Wonder what the deal is there. </div></div>

RRA is a fairly small operation, and the demand for their product is <span style="font-style: italic">huge</span>. Bushmaster is a larger operation, and the demand for their product is <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> huge. Just sayin'.

If i was looking to set up an AR for large game (deer, etc) I would go with the 6.8. Widely available, plenty power and very accurate. Just my 2 cents.
Pop