• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Varmint-Type Questions

gov-t_mule

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2009
Hello. New to the forum, and I have a few questions. They pertain to my AR Varmint Setup. It's a RRA 20" stainless 1-8." I purchased the upper from Adco and had Steve bead blast the bbl. I installed a Jewell trigger and that's a Leup Mk4 4-14 on top.

varmint1.gif

I haven't shot it a whole lot, but here are two of my better targets @ 100 yards shot off a bench w/ the bipod and on my shoulder, no rear rest other than my arm. The first was with BH 75gr, the second with BH 77gr.

target1-1.gif

target2-1.gif

I am toying with the idea of suppressing it. I was looking for opinions on if this will degrade accuracy. I was thinking about sending it back to Adco to have it threaded and bi-locked for a Gemtech G5. Here is a shot of the crown:

varmint2.gif

If it is properly turned down, threaded and bi-locked will it maintain what I think is good accuracy? Will a can diminish results? Thanks.

Re: AR Varmint-Type Questions

A suppressor is not going to affect accuracy as long as the barrel is threaded correctly (threads concentric to the bore) and the suppressor is installed correctly. If Adco is going to do the threading and installation then you are good to go. Although it might change the point of impact. Congrats on a good shooting rifle btw.