• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10 308 subsonic

Fireresq473

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2024
North Carolina
Long story short. 308 AR10 suppressed not cycling with subsonic rounds. Will an adjustable gas block fix this? I use the gun to deer hunt with regular ammo and wanted to use it suppressed with subsonic ammo for coyote hunting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It could help yes with the right spring and buffer weight...

Last edited:
An AGB cannot increase gas flow, only decrease or restrict. You can, however, open up the gas port so it will run subsonics, then use an AGB to dial down the gas for supers.

I personally would NOT eff up a good-running AR308 to attempt to make it run subs and then expect it to run like it used to with full power rounds. I'd get another to set up for subsonic only. In any case, keep meticulous notes on every change made, even if it's a dedicated gun, so you can go back through the process to figure out what works and what doesn't. JMO

The typical gas port size, and mass of an AR-10 BCG, are not suited to run successfully subsonic without drastic modifications that would make the gun poorly suited for supersonic ammo. My advice is to get a 300 BLK upper.

If it shoots subsonic ammunition to your accuracy requirements, just treat it as a manually operated AR10.

Reactions: Pappasniper
I know its obvious , but just run the CH, kinda like running a bolt on a Bolt gun. Adding a AGB may get you there but that is an effort to get the win.

Edit: Bolt gun for the win.

PB