• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10 6.5CM feeding issues

skyfitch

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2020
Having a double feed type issue with my build. Ill fire a round, then when the next round goes to chamber the round under that will want to follow and jam the bullet into the feed ramps. Basically the bullet is getting pinched between the bolt and the feed ramps. Ive loaded 140 Eldm's, 130 Berger AR Hybrids, and 130 Berger vld's all at 2.800" and had the same issues with all 3. So far ive tried pmags, lancers, and ASC mags. Same issue with all mags. Ive read on hear Larue and KAC are the way to go but wanted to hold off to see if their is some other problem im not seeing. This usually happens around every 5-7 rounds.

Barrel: Ballistic Advantage 22"
BCG: Brownells AR 308
Upper Receiver: Aero Precision
Gas Block: SLR adj.

Heres the best picture I could get. Sorry if this was already posted somewhere but I coudnt find a thread with this exact same issue.

20200720_151157.jpg

How is your gas settings ??
If i give it more gas I have the same issue. If i give it less gas the BCG wont push back far enough to pick up another round. I have it set around 5 or 6 clicks out from completely shut off.

The culprit is usually a dirty rifle though it could also be a bad extractor/ejector, a bad magazine, not enough lube or even a defect in some gas operating weapons not cycling all the way. The magazine is usually at fault on my JP. If metal, try to bend the top curves inward just a little to hold the shell in better.

The culprit is usually a dirty rifle though it could also be a bad extractor/ejector, a bad magazine, not enough lube or even a defect in some gas operating weapons not cycling all the way. The magazine is usually at fault on my JP. If metal, try to bend the top curves inward just a little to hold the shell in better.
Just ordered Larues mag this morning. In the mean time I'm going to dissect this thing and see what I can find. Thanks for the input!