• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ar10/ar308 reloading

oneshotkyle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2011
central oregon
forgive me if im in the wrong section for reloading the ar10/ar308 platform. but I just broke my virginity finally finishing first big boy ar and yesterday was the first outing for barrel break in, scope adjustment and base velocities for some 155 scenars I have around. here's my rifle parts list.
maten rifle length keymod
lilja 24" 308 with 1 in 11twist, threaded but will not get a brake
cmmg dpms style bcg
slr industries adj. gas block
dpms buffer and spring
miad grip prs stock
spurk mount with NF 3.5-15x50 mlr

so yesterday I loaded up some 155 scenars on once fired FL sized lapua primed with federal large primers. varget and mr2000 was used with an overall length of 2.800

varget groups were 3/4-1" moa and they were a little on the slow side getting some low 2600fps avg on my magnetospeed.
so I quickly moved over to the mr2000 with velocities averaging 2850 and accuracy just a tad over half moa.
I do not have but 1lb of mr2000 which I bought on a whim. varget is a no go with 155's at that speed.

I have some 185 juggernauts loaded up with four different powders just to get a taste for velocities out of them since they take up some case room being so long.
cfe223/mr2000/h4895 and xbr8208 will be the powders I have available so I loaded up some charge of each. can anyone enlighten me on a 185 juggernaut recipe for a 2.800 maximum length?